Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tornadoes in Central Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tornadoes in Central Florida

CNN is reporting devastating tornadoes moving across Central Florida. 14 reported dead and the tornadoes are moving east at 45 miles per hour. I'm going back to the news, the county I heard the reports on were Lakeland County.

Karlin I apologize if this post does not belong here. I got frightened because I know we have board members in Florida.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Take care, Floridians!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

I have a brother in Orlando. Hope it turns out.
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

There seem to be an unusual amount of tornadoes recently. This is the second episode of the ripping through the northern part of the state withing the past 1 month (the last was on Christmas day). It was especially bad this time because the twister hit at night when everyone was sleeping. Thankfully, we are safe here in Tampa. But I do worry about the people on this forum who are further north.
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching it on TV right now....it looks like the area around Lady Lake was hit very bad. I hope all of our forum family down there are OK!
    ~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.

Post Thanks / Like

Smack dap in the middle. Look to be about 30 miles south of Ocala. (I am the map queen when I am at work.)
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

I am deathly afraid of tornadoes! I grew up in New Orleans, and have been through many hurricanes, but at least you have warning. I leave hurricane central and move to tornado alley. I seriously freak out at the first mention of tornadoes on the news here. Made sure we had a house with a basement .
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

that sounds scary.

take care floridians
    Mummy to Fraser born 20.09.10

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for letting us know - sending positive thoughts to all our Florida members - hope you're all safe and well, I guess you won't have power for a bit but let us know when you can...

Take care everyone

I hope that MB in Bermuda is ok too...I think they have lost power
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Yep..Doggymom is right now enroute to local SPCA here in St. Petersburg to help with the first load of dogs being brought back to this facility from the Sumter County SPCA facility that was apparently devastated by the storm.

Momma is a FEMA Certified active member of DART and got the call for help for this rescue effort shortly after noon today (EST). She has already been told that they were unable to get all the dogs in one trip so she may have to go back for a second load yet this evening.

Apparently they have two females in the first load that just had litters yesterday so she may stay back with them. I'm expecting the call for her agenda for the next 12 hrs or so any minute.
    Doggydad to Charley (Blen), Megan (Ruby), Mocha (Pekinese-Shih Tzu mix), Abby (Heinz 57 mix), Hobie (Poodle mix), Bessie (Min-Poodle) Butch (mix) and Snickers at The Bridge.