Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Heavy Sigh* Cody emergency--Updated

Post Thanks / Like

Default *Heavy Sigh* Cody emergency--Updated

It seems as though sleep was just in my grasp...but yet it escapes me once again.

Last night before my championship kickball game, Cody went outside to potty and came back into play. Suddenly I realized that the side of his lip was quickly swelling to the size of a golf ball, and that his nose was getting really puffy. It felt hard as a rock and kept getting bigger. I gave him a a 1/2 dose of baby benedryl and the swelling immediatly began to go down. My guess is that he got ahold of a bee as he was sniffing around in the mulch outside. I called my vet (at home, he was thrilled) and he said to just keep an eye on him because the swelling was already going down substantially.

So we took Cody to my kickball game (I must say that I ran fast as heck around those bases because I wanted to be back on the bench with my baby) and he was our little puffy faced mascot. (We won by the way ). We kept Cody in bed with us so we could moniter him, then I ended up sleeping on the couch with him. At about 3am his face began to swell again, but not nearly as bad as it was earlier. I took him to see the vet this morning and his face had returned back to normal, but he was having trouble swallowing. They gave him a shot of cortizone and told me to keep giving him the benedryl through the night.

Every time I got Cody nice and calm last night, Zoey would cry in her crate to potty, so I literally GOT NOT A WINK of sleep. I took the day off work so I could watch my little guy, and now I am going to go crash. Just wanted to share my trauma. I took pictures of Cody's ordeal so I could show the vet, and I will post them later after some shut eye. It was unbelievable!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

poor you and cody i hope he's feeling better soon.
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh gosh I am tired just reading all that! Hope you get some sound sleep and Cody is fine.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

What a night you had! I'm sorry to hear Cody wasn't feeling well. Hopefully, he'll be a new puppy today. Now, if Mommie can only get some sleep.

Hope you have a better night tonight. All the puppies should be exhausted by then--hopefully.

Thank God it's Friday!!
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

Poor baby boy! I hope all is back to normal today. And I hope you get well rested.

But back that train up...a kickball league??? Too fun! I have never heard of that for adults!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

I use to play kickball, I swear you use muscles you haven't used since you were7. OUCH

What a night...i am sorry about cody and glad he is on his way to being better.
    Ashley - Mom to Duncan (4 years/blenheim) and Arthur (3 years/ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow Monica, I'm shattered reading that post too!

hope that Cody is on the mend now and that all of the babies and therefore you manage to get some sleep tonight - roll on the weekend!!
    Mummy to Fraser born 20.09.10

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's odd it went down so quick and then swelled up again, would be interested to see those pics. Did Cody complain at all?

Post Thanks / Like

That's awful. Poor Cody how is he today? How are you? I hope you've gotten some rest. Keep us posted on the swelling.

Congratulations on the Kick-Ball Win.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

What a frightening and stressful experience. How are things today?
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)