• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

*Heavy Sigh* Cody emergency--Updated

moniechris

It seems as though sleep was just in my grasp...but yet it escapes me once again. :(

Last night before my championship kickball game, Cody went outside to potty and came back into play. Suddenly I realized that the side of his lip was quickly swelling to the size of a golf ball, and that his nose was getting really puffy. :yikes :yikes :yikes It felt hard as a rock and kept getting bigger. I gave him a a 1/2 dose of baby benedryl and the swelling immediatly began to go down. My guess is that he got ahold of a bee as he was sniffing around in the mulch outside. I called my vet (at home, he was thrilled) and he said to just keep an eye on him because the swelling was already going down substantially.

So we took Cody to my kickball game (I must say that I ran fast as heck around those bases because I wanted to be back on the bench with my baby) and he was our little puffy faced mascot. (We won by the way ;) ). We kept Cody in bed with us so we could moniter him, then I ended up sleeping on the couch with him. At about 3am his face began to swell again, but not nearly as bad as it was earlier. I took him to see the vet this morning and his face had returned back to normal, but he was having trouble swallowing. They gave him a shot of cortizone and told me to keep giving him the benedryl through the night. :? :? :?

Every time I got Cody nice and calm last night, Zoey would cry in her crate to potty, so I literally GOT NOT A WINK of sleep. I took the day off work so I could watch my little guy, and now I am going to go crash. Just wanted to share my trauma. I took pictures of Cody's ordeal so I could show the vet, and I will post them later after some shut eye. It was unbelievable!

Oh gosh I am tired just reading all that! Hope you get some sound sleep and Cody is fine. :flwr:

What a night you had! I'm sorry to hear Cody wasn't feeling well. Hopefully, he'll be a new puppy today. Now, if Mommie can only get some sleep. :slp:

Hope you have a better night tonight. All the puppies should be exhausted by then--hopefully.

Thank God it's Friday!!

:( :( :( Poor baby boy! I hope all is back to normal today. And I hope you get well rested. :flwr:

But back that train up...a kickball league??? Too fun! I have never heard of that for adults! :D

I use to play kickball, I swear you use muscles you haven't used since you were7. OUCH

What a night...i am sorry about cody and glad he is on his way to being better.

Oh wow Monica, I'm shattered reading that post too!

hope that Cody is on the mend now and that all of the babies and therefore you manage to get some sleep tonight - roll on the weekend!! :flwr:

It's odd it went down so quick and then swelled up again, would be interested to see those pics. Did Cody complain at all? :flwr:

That's awful. Poor Cody how is he today? How are you? I hope you've gotten some rest. Keep us posted on the swelling.

Congratulations on the Kick-Ball Win.

Hope he's better very soon! That is scary; you might want to carry a small bottle of benadryl whenever you take him anywhere. :hug:

My hubby used to have to carry an Epipen wherever he went, until we found out what caused him to go into anaphylactic shock twice. Turns out he's allergic to celery.

Poor little guy...and poor you! Finally going to get some sleep ... and wham! I wonder what caused it. How's he doing today?

Having gotten my puppy the same weekend as Zoey, I'm having trouble understanding how you had enough energy for kickball BUT a sick dog on top :yikes Oh you deserve lots of sleep this weekend :flwr:

Oh Monica I am so sorry to hear that *HUGZ*!

hope you got some sleep and Cody is feeling better..!! :( How awful to have that happen I was getting goosebumps even reading it!

*HUGZ* to all of you guys! I totally understand how it is to not get any sleep!! lol Tried to let the munchkin sleep with me last night and the OH got an unpleasant wake up call by her biting his ears and hair and pulling on them.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh lord monica how scary!!

thank goodness you had the benedryl on hand...such a smart idea! get some rest and i hope that you and cody feel much better today!

kim

Sooooo, it has been a completely wacky week!!! I am so glad it is all over. Sorry it took so long to post the pictures, but we had 30 people at our house last night for the Superbowl :yikes . Needless to say I have been CRAZY busy and have missed a lot on the board!!! Here is my poor little man with his face all blown up! It's hard to tell what you are looking at because he is one big mess!! The side shot is where he got stung and that portion of his lip literally was the size of a golf ball at it's worse. :yikes These were taken when the swelling had just begun.
codyandzoey016.jpg

codyandzoey017.jpg

Thankfully, he is all better now so maybe I can get some rest!! :sl*p:

Yikes. That would have given me a good fright. I keep benadryl on hand and also carry a couple in my walking pouch...in case of bee stings.

Yikes Monica! :yikes I would have FREAKED!

Thank God Cody has such a good mommy and was able to take care of him so quickly. :flwr:

Glad everything is finally sorted out :)

Poor Cody...and Monica, for the scare! Glad he's feeling better and hopefully you've been able to get some sleep in the meantime!

Back