• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Merlin was at the vets yesterday.......

merlinsmum

For his mountaineering jaunts! Yes, they finally caught up with him. Whilst he was at Grandmas yesterday he decided he wanted to know what they were having for tea on the work surface next to the kitchen table - as Grandma walked in to catch him in the act he somehow managed to slip down and sprain his shoulder.

He cried with pain and his front leg was stuck out. Grandma (being a nurse) massaged his shoulder back into position. She then rushed him over to my work were we rushed over to the vets as we weren't sure if anything worse was wrong.

He had a shot for the pain and the vet checked out all his bones etc and now he has some anti imflammatories and is on 5 days bed rest :?

have you tried 5 days bed rest when you have an Oakley in your house? It just can't be done!

My poor baby is now lapping up all the attention, gets carried up and down the stairs, gets put on the sofa and the bed - I hope he doesn't get too used to it.

Sorry if my post is a bit disjointed its been a ruff week!

Poor Merlin! I hope his shoulder heals quickly and the anti-inflammatories take care of the pain. :flwr: The way these little guys run around so much, I'm surprised (and happy) our cavs don't get hurt more often.

The bed rest will be difficult with a younger pup in the house! Good luck with that. :lol:
Oh and Coco got used to the extra attention after her spay surgery so quickly... I didn't think it was possible that she could get more attention than she got before... Anyway, now she cries if I'm not LOOKING at her! :roll: I've got some untraining to do... :sl*p:

Hope he gets well soon. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

No matter how careful we are, things happen. But poor guy! Hope he is on the mend quick. He should lap up lots of spoiling in the meantime though cause he deserves it! Ouch!

Poor Merlin, I'm so sorry he was hurt, really glad its nothing too serious. Good job you were not there to see it I guess or you might of had to have 5 days bed rest and your heart restarted !

Big hugs and healing kisses from me and the boys.

So sorry Merlin got injured! :( Thank goodness your mom knew what to do. Hope he's better soon. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Oh Merlin!!! So glad you knew what to do and got him taken care of. Let him bask in being the center of attention for a while...then it's back to the real world....where there'll only slightly off the center. ;)

Poor Merlin! Little boys will get themselves into trouble.
I hope he is feeling a bit less sore.

get well soon merlin :flwr:
nice to have a nurse around for things like this. :)

Thank you for your replies. Merlin is much better today - we had a little walk. The anti inflammatories make him sick so I have just been giving him half a tablet a day instead of a full one ;)

Kirsty...make sure to give the antiinflamatories with a little bit of food. They can cause major GI issues in people so they suggest with food...you may have already known this....hoping Merlin is better soon.

Mary said:
Kirsty...make sure to give the antiinflamatories with a little bit of food. They can cause major GI issues in people so they suggest with food...you may have already known this....hoping Merlin is better soon.

maybe you could ask the vet if you could give somethnig like liquid pepcid with it....(as well as food)

Back