• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We had to say goodbye to Rudy on Tuesday

Terri Voltz

We had hoped to make it just a few more days...a few more weeks, but it became obvious on Monday night that he wouldn't make it through the week. He was unable to walk up or down the few stairs we have in our house, and he was unable to lie down. My husband spent most the night sitting with him on the floor, because that gave him some support for his back and tummy to lean on him. We called the vet and scheduled the appointment for Tuesday afternoon, but by that morning as I was heading off to work, Rudy wasn't able to hardly move. He was doing that stiff, statue kind of thing with his head held high. So my husband called then, and took him right in. I wasn't able to go..watching that would have been too tough. Tim stayed with him until the end, brought his poor little body back to bury in a special place in our yard, where we can have him near and dear to us, and plant a tree in his memory. We sure loved that little bugger! We have a "Rudy hole" in our hearts, that feels like it'll be there forever. I know time will help, but there's so many empty places in our house right now, that being here is hard. Thanks to all for your help and advise, it's been a help to us . We are going to be looking soon for a Rudy-too, and plan to be very careful this time in choosing a breeder. Again, thanks to all!

Terri Voltz said:
We had hoped to make it just a few more days...a few more weeks, but it became obvious on Monday night that he wouldn't make it through the week. He was unable to walk up or down the few stairs we have in our house, and he was unable to lie down. My husband spent most the night sitting with him on the floor, because that gave him some support for his back and tummy to lean on him. We called the vet and scheduled the appointment for Tuesday afternoon, but by that morning as I was heading off to work, Rudy wasn't able to hardly move. He was doing that stiff, statue kind of thing with his head held high. So my husband called then, and took him right in. I wasn't able to go..watching that would have been too tough. Tim stayed with him until the end, brought his poor little body back to bury in a special place in our yard, where we can have him near and dear to us, and plant a tree in his memory. We sure loved that little bugger! We have a "Rudy hole" in our hearts, that feels like it'll be there forever. I know time will help, but there's so many empty places in our house right now, that being here is hard. Thanks to all for your help and advise, it's been a help to us . We are going to be looking soon for a Rudy-too, and plan to be very careful this time in choosing a breeder. Again, thanks to all!

Words fail--- my deepest condolences.

I am so sorry to hear about Rudy. It is so hard to lose our beloved companion. He is now running free without pain. Hugs to you and your husband on your loss.

So sorry to hear of your loss. These four legged fellas really do break your heart.

Take care

I am sorry to read about Rudy. I know words cant help the pain you feel or the emptiness of your home. I am sure Rudy knew how much you both loved and cared for him.

Run free Rudy

So very sorry to read about your loss.

Cherish all the wonderful memories of your lovely boy.

May time heal you both from the sadness.

Alison xxx

You gave him much love and now he is happy, running in the green meadows with my poor Flopy who disappeared one year ago and with all the other dogs. From this paradise, he will look after you. He knows he is in your heart for ever.
Courage to you

Oh, I am so sorry. What a difficult ending for you, but he is at rest now. How lovely that he will be nearby in the garden for you. :flwr:

When you are ready, I am sure some people here can help with breeder recommendations.

Rudy

I'm so sorry that you had to let Rudy go on Tuesday. It must have been very hard for you and your husband. And he was far too young to have this happen.

Thinking of all of you.

Terri, I am so sorry for you and your hubby. Rudy is now out of pain and able to run free at the Bridge, you did the best you possibly could for him & were brave enough to give him his wings.

:hug: for you both :hug: and sending angel :hug:s up to Rudy at the Bridge as well xxx

I am so sorry Terri! As Sandy said...words fail at these times. Just know that you and your husband are both in our thoughts. We share your pain. Rudy is blessed to have had such wonderful parents...just as you were blessed to have him.

Take care

Mary

:( :( :( :(
Sitting here in tears for you Terri. So sorry that this has happened. We all know that Rudy had a wonderful home with you. So glad you plan on getting another dog. You are in my thoughts
:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I am in tears too, so sad. I haven't been on here for long, but from what I have read, you have given Rudy everything he could ever want.

We are all thinking of you and your partner..

"hugs" from Australia.

Terri, I am so sorry to hear that Rudy has passed away. I know this has been very difficult for you.

My heart goes out to you. Rudy was very blessed to have had such a loving home and "parents." I hope that every day, a joyful little memory of the good times you shared will replace a little bit of your sorrow. :hug:

Back