Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud of Anna

Post Thanks / Like

Default Proud of Anna

I'm so proud of Anna! She took the tests at the Cavalier Gathering today and is now a Therapy Dog. We plan on taking her to Regents Hospital in St. Paul, wherever they think she can do the most good.

The past couple years we have been taking Anna to visit my 96 year old uncle. Uncle Ed is living at home, but needs a fair amount of care and help; we bring Anna with every now and then because Ed just loves her. He has always said that he would like a dog like Anna, but he knows he can't take proper care of one any more. It's just so funny to see that grizzled old Marine Corps lifer who spent WWII in a Japanese prison camp sitting with Anna in his lap talking baby talk to her!
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce!

Congratulations Anna!!!

Bruce your story gave me goosebumps. I love the feeling you get when you think of your little one being able to make such a difference in people's lives. I'm so proud of Anna for getting her therapy dog certificate!! This story is particularly touching to me as just last Saturday Kosmo passed his test for his Saint John's too!! I have to wait for my criminal records check to come back and then we'll be able to start visiting retirement facilities and nursing homes (whichever one my leader chooses.)

You GO Anna!! You're going to have so much fun with her.. Congrats again bruce!!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Anna and to you too Bruce! Thats wonderful news!
    Jasmine, mommy to Ellie (tri girl), Griffin, Hunter, & Dexter (kitties)

Ellie is here!!!!

http://elliethecavalier.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the gathering today, and got to see dear Anna. Here is a picture of 3 generations:

Anna - grandmother and new therapy dog - way to go!!
    Star - 8 weeks
    Pixxey - mother

Barb

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, it was sure was great to see you there. Star will old enough to come to the next Gathering and I know she love it as much as the other Cavaliers did.

Oh, and Great-Grandpa Lazer, one of our retired boys, is coming to visit for a few days next week and we are intending to get pictures of 4 generations.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Anna, Bruce & Kris! It was such a pleasure to meet Anna this weekend. Gracie was quite fond of her too! What a great picture of Anna, Star and Pixxey, too!
    Lindsay, Andy and Gracie (our 11 month old Blenheim bundle of joy!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good for Anna and good for you, Bruce! That is wonderful. Love all the pics of the generations too.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

congratulations to you both! i think cavaliers just make the best therapy dogs...they have so much love to give to others!

keep sharing the lovely stories with us!

k
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like

WOotWOot!! Congrats Anna!

I love the idea of a dog being good therapy... I couldn't think of anything better! I can't wait to get Cicero on the path to becoming a Therapy Dog!
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)