• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Proud of Anna

Bruce H

I'm so proud of Anna! She took the tests at the Cavalier Gathering today and is now a Therapy Dog. We plan on taking her to Regents Hospital in St. Paul, wherever they think she can do the most good.

The past couple years we have been taking Anna to visit my 96 year old uncle. Uncle Ed is living at home, but needs a fair amount of care and help; we bring Anna with every now and then because Ed just loves her. He has always said that he would like a dog like Anna, but he knows he can't take proper care of one any more. It's just so funny to see that grizzled old Marine Corps lifer who spent WWII in a Japanese prison camp sitting with Anna in his lap talking baby talk to her!

:w**h**: :w**h**: Bruce!

Congratulations Anna!!! :mexwav:

Bruce your story gave me goosebumps. I love the feeling you get when you think of your little one being able to make such a difference in people's lives. I'm so proud of Anna for getting her therapy dog certificate!! This story is particularly touching to me as just last Saturday Kosmo passed his test for his Saint John's too!! I have to wait for my criminal records check to come back and then we'll be able to start visiting retirement facilities and nursing homes (whichever one my leader chooses.)

You GO Anna!! :) You're going to have so much fun with her.. :) Congrats again bruce!! :rah: :pi*no: :*nana: :lotsaluv:

I was at the gathering today, and got to see dear Anna. Here is a picture of 3 generations:

Anna - grandmother and new therapy dog - way to go!!
Star - 8 weeks
Pixxey - mother

379049054_a294eefb21_m.jpg

Barb

Hey, it was sure was great to see you there. Star will old enough to come to the next Gathering and I know she love it as much as the other Cavaliers did.

Oh, and Great-Grandpa Lazer, one of our retired boys, is coming to visit for a few days next week and we are intending to get pictures of 4 generations.

Congrats to Anna, Bruce & Kris! It was such a pleasure to meet Anna this weekend. Gracie was quite fond of her too! What a great picture of Anna, Star and Pixxey, too!

Good for Anna and good for you, Bruce! That is wonderful. :) Love all the pics of the generations too.

congratulations to you both! i think cavaliers just make the best therapy dogs...they have so much love to give to others!

keep sharing the lovely stories with us!

k

WOotWOot!! Congrats Anna!
2ihnno0.jpg

I love the idea of a dog being good therapy... I couldn't think of anything better! I can't wait to get Cicero on the path to becoming a Therapy Dog!

Congratulations Anna, Bruce and Kris...but my goodness, how many hours do you and Kris have in YOUR day....I do believe you are two of the busiest people on earth! You guys are amazing!
J.

Yes, we may well be amoung the busiest people on the planet :D

What really helps is that we have no children at home any more and Kris doesn't work any more. Other than dogs, of course! I think it would be a fair statement to say we (and especially Kris) are obsessed with our dogs. We are coming up on our 25th aniversary next year and are trying to figure out wow the two of us can get away for a few days; don't know if it's going to be possible :(

Now I understand why my grandparents (they had a 460 acre farm in Wisconsin) were not able to take a vacation until they were in their late 60's :yikes

Congratulations Bruce and Anna!!!!!!!! Thats wonderful news!!!! she's done really well!!! oh and those pics of her,pixxie and star were just gorgeous!!!!!!!!! lovely family

oh and congrats Sara and Kosmo too!

Back