• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pulling on the leash!!

Sharon 7

How do I stop Sophie :dogwlk: (thats her pulling on the leash, by the way!)

She wants to chase cars, even when she on a leash :yikes

I can't and won't jolt her backwards (SM).

I have tried holding the leash close to me ...still :dogwlk:

Help please!!

I cannot say enough good things about the Easy Walk Harness.

I love the Puppia's, but Lucky still pulls with it. The Easy Walk was like a miracle the first time I put him in it. I switched him back to the Puppia this weekend and went back to the Easy Walk today ...

I hope he'll get trained to walk nicely without the Easy Walk, but for now we'll be using it. He's just discovered squirrels and loves to chase after the leaves blowing in the wind ...

You can buy online from jbpet.com

Stop moving forward when she pulls. As soon as the lead is slack, move forward again. Takes forever to get anywhere, but she will figure it out. :)

Also, when she finally does walk with a loose leash, treat her when she is heeling. (use soft treats like bits of lowfat cheese so she can swallow it easily without coughing.)

If just stopping doesn't stop the pulling, try walking with a loop of lead in your hand. As soon as there is a tug, walk the other way and , at the same time, drop the loop, so the lead is longer and slacker. Thus you aren't pulling back and the sudden slackness should make the dog wonder what's going on, giving you chance to encourage coming close.

Back