• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I must be crazy..

debjen

I started teaching 2 new intro agility classes yesterday...(luckily only ened up with 7 dogs so will combine them to just one class)..plus started a Shaping class with Riley...that's in addition to classes with Robbie Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's..oh and let's now forget the dog related meetings the first 3 Monday's of each month..

Yep definitely crazy...I don't think I had a life before the dogs

I bet you didn't have nearly so much fun! Good for you for teaching, you will do a great job. I love shaping. We did 101 things to do with a box with one of mine in class and it was amazing. It is also how I taught one of mine to do a down after everything else failed using shaping. We have also taught them some fun things that way. You have got to love this stuff!.

Gracie's Mommy said:
Sorry...newbie here. I'm curious, what is shaping?

Shaping is basically clicker training..using a clicker and treats to shape a behavior ..you break the behavior into small steps then shape the steps into the end behavior..

For instance we were working on getting my lab into a box..we started with a click and treat for looking at the box..then to get the click and treat he had to touch the box..then he had to put one foot in a box, then 2 feet in a box, then 3 feet in the box...then all 4 feet in a box...once you shape the behavior then you can give it a command..

Lab in a box..
rileyinabox.jpg

Back