• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Crufts!

Pepsi

Hi everyone!

I've just booked tickets to go to Crufts!! Very excited. Every time it comes on the telly I wish I had gone, and this year I've been organised enough to book tickets!! :D Going to go on the Cavvy day, obviously. Just wondering whether anyone else has been before, or is going (or even showing) this year??

:*nana: Pepsi x

Have a great time and bring back pictures and stories for us that can not attend!!

hi ya yes we`ll be there we went for the first time last year and it was great, so were going again on the sunday cavie day. i`ll probably take a couple of my babies not to show just to be with us they should enjoy it too.xx
:*nana:

yeh you can take your own doggies its great its an all day thing so take sum sarnies or theres a cafe there. theres loads of stalls sellin all doggie stuff and theres freebies too. you`ll enjoy it :jump:

I only go when toy day is the Thursday or Friday. The weekend dates get very very crowded and on the Sunday, people who don't have a ticket for the final are turfed out a 4pm, I understand.

Ill be going in 2008, hopefully.

Oh lucky you! Crufts is my favorite dog show... and yes, it is shown on TV here in the U.S.! Usually it is on Animal Planet or the Discovery Channel, I think!

I agree, people should NOT bring their dogs to an event like this. This can be very distracting for the show dogs and even can cause serious problems, hence most shows have a strict policy about prohibiting pet dogs to come with observers. People may not realise this, bring their dog, and might get in because someone on the door believes the dog is a show dog (this often happens at the IKC national show here) but think about how you would feel if you spend a year readying a dog for Crufts only to have some pet owner's dog get overexcited at the side of the ring, start barking, distract your dog, and lose you any chance of placing. :(

Remember this is the premier professional dog event in the world, and we should all respect the need for those showing to work in an environment in which their dogs can concentrate. :)

There are lots of fun open show events locally during the year when pet dogs are welcome. It is always good to call and check on what the actual rules are for any show.

I learned all the above the hard way -- it seemed normal to me that you would bring dogs to 'enjoy' a dog show... and no one told me I wasn't supposed to have Jaspar at the IKC national show.

Well, he was well behaved and just a pup then (and to be fair I'd brought him along to meet his breeder who was supposed to be there, but wasn't). But other pet owner's dogs weren't and were a pain to try to manoeuvre around in the crowds; and some were small pet dogs who risked being crushed and the owners were so stupidly oblivious! :shock: And it was a major pain having to mind Jaspar. Dogs aren't allowed into the cafeteria so my friends and I couldn't go eat together; we had to go get food inside and bring it out and stand around which wasn't very relaxing for them. It is not safe to leave a dog out in the car even securely crated as dogs have been stolen from cars at such events before and I wasn't going to risk it.

Believe me, it is much more fun to leave the dogs at home, go enjoy the atmosphere, and view the dogs and meet friends! And bring lots of money to Crufts -- friends who have been say there's so much you will want to buy.... :lol:

Hello All,

We will be at crufts..do stop by and say hi - hall 5 stand 174 - designer doggie :) Should be lots of fun!! At the moment im in a panic about organising everything..

Take care
effie
xx

not going to take lady i think that she will be knackered walking round all day i will have to leave her with nanna.

security at the NEC was very tight last year ......dogs that are not entered are not allowed at all .....

Hiya,

I must admit that I thought you could take your dogs. Not that I would have done though, Charlie is way too old to cope with that!

I'm looking forward to it :) Doggie heaven!

Might bump into a few of you there! I'll come to see your stall Effie.

Pepsi x

Even if you could get your dog into Crufts, it would not be happy, because the shopping areas can get very busy, making being stepped on or crushed, if carried, a real possibility.

It is very difficult to get a none show dog into any breed show, unless it has been prebooked in , at the same time as the dogs being shown (small fee applies). Many check your vehicle (including the boot) on leaving the premises, so you could have problems explainig the presence of your dog, if you have no documentation.

Hello :)

I agree Crufts really isnt the best place to take your dogs unless you ae showing. It gets so busy. I would love to take Kasper and Lucas but it wouldnt be fair on them.

I am just hoping it will be soo busy i wont have too much time to miss them :))

I bought all of the stand fittings today so one more thing off the list :)

Take Care
effie
xx

Back