Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two girls ?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, I will keep a close eye on the girls. Really excited about Belle joining our family, Im sure things will be fine, cavaliers are such beautiful loving dogs. I will post a photo of Belle to show everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to add, I haven't had any major problems with two girls either. It's been pretty smooth, all told. My Holly always seemed like a sweet submissive girl who would let other dogs do whatever... and so she still is, but she's also quite clearly The Boss. Amber appears on the surface to be a cheeky little thing- but in fact she's much more submissive than Holly is! It's so interesting to watch them play and learn (and sleep ) together.

If I were you though I'd make sure you have thought of strategies to cope with any little flare ups BEFORE the new little girl arrives.
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

We have five girls all living happily togather, go ahead and ENJOY!

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's down to the individual dogs. I had two springer bitches together for 14 years with never a cross word, yet know someone who had to rehome a cavalier bitch, Joly's sister, because she and her mum fought badly, after getting on for 18 months.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on adding Belle to your family. You will love having two Cavaliers! I have two girls who get along very well. Katie (my older girl) is very patient with Lexi so I think that helps. As everyone else mentioned, I think Cavaliers in general are just happy, sweet dogs so there shouldn't be any problems. It is really fun to watch them play together.
    Angie, Katie and Lexi

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats adding a new addition! We have two females. One Lab and one Cavalier. No problems. The only time I watch is if they are chewing a treat. This weekend Libby, my cavalier was giving lots of warnings to the big dog!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your new baby, Belle!!! I, too, have two girls and they are beautiful together. Lottie the older one is so patient and always gave in to the younger one. She seemed to become motherly although they are both spayed. Enjoy your two girls. They are very loving.
    Julie and the girls

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is close to the subject I wanted to raise.

I have a female, and have only ever had female dogs.
    I want to get a 2nd Cav, my question is do males pee on everthing constanly?
    We have a large yard, but the dogs would be inside most of the time.
    My husband is in a wheelchair and we have had visitors male dogs here that have peed on his chair before.

I would like to hear from all you Male Cav owners if you have any problems with peeing, or any other problems that occur with males please.
    Regards

Sharon (Sophie's Mother)
    In Sunny Australia

Post Thanks / Like

My intact males forget they are housetrained when I have a girl in season in the house. They are usually pretty good other times.