• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Redesign of my SM website

it looks great. very easy to get right to the information, first a great summary, clear and comprehensive, and then all the links for learning more, and staying current. Easy on the eyes.

It helps to use a professional website program and templates rather than try to do it yourself. :lol: It looks a lot better on Macs and Firefox than on IE as IE doesn't adhere to some of the international standards for rendering webpages and thus gives a somewhat inferior presentation of websites not designed specifically with tools for IE... :roll:

I work in marketing communications and feel it hits it deadon. Easy to read, attractive and navagate! There is only one little thing I am having a bit of trouble with, the type. My eyes are the greatest so I am an unusual case - but every few letters, one will be fainter than the rest - for my eyes it makes it hard to read in the light grey. But as I said, I dont have average eyes - I love the clean modern look of it!

I think the rendering is a slight problem with IE browsers for reasons noted. I checked on Firefox and Safari and it looks like it should look -- the typefaces are all websafe too, but are not as solid on IE.

The templates are from the Rapidweaver website design program for the Mac. It gets great reviews and is a lot nicer than Mac's own iWeb for anything more complex and for sites you want to update easily.

I really needed a way to simplify the menus from the old design -- iWeb didn't have a suitable template for an information site as they are all designed more for personal websites.

The good news is that this site will get a revamp where the info library will move to a website design, the board will become part of that larger site, and utlimately I am looking to add in larger user profile/webpages. The SM site was my priority though.

Looks very nice, and I have IE.

Now I'm curious and wish I could see what the difference is between IE and the other browsers! :lol:

:lol: Mainly the typefaces look more stylish and less clunky, the orange heading on the index page is chunkier and smoother, and the dolar bands meet neatly at the edges -- I notice there's a gap between the grey and the green at the top of the page on IE but that isn;t there on Firefox or Safari.

I can't take much credit for how nice the overall design looks, just for the content. :lol:

Looks good to me Karlin. (y) One thing though - Mr Targett has more than likely now left Chestergates. He was moving at the end of January to pastures new (a uni I believe). I don't know who will have replaced him.

Thanks for that. It is very hard to keep the neurologists list up to date as a few move around each year.

Back