• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

enzymatic cleaners

arasara

I have a question for those of you who are experienced pee removers:

What enzymatic cleaner is the best? I have nature's miracle but I have a print out from Simple Solution that says this:

What is the difference between Simple Solution and Nature's Miracle?

"Simple Solution combines advanced cleaners with beneficial bacteria and enzymes that digest the source of odor and stain-causing residue. Nature's Miracle is an enzyme-only product and lacks the essential technology of beneficial bacteria to remove the waste completely from the carpet. The bacteria in Simple Solution eat the residue broken up by the enzymes. The by-product of this process is carbon dioxide and water. The carbon dioxide and water are odorless and will evaporate in a drying time."

Neither of these products say they are safe for wool carpet which is where I am stuck. I have an 8x10 area rug that's hand tufted 100% wool in my living room that cost me as much as Kosmo did. Faith is "banned" from that area for right now unless she's just been out to the bathroom or she's up cuddling with us on the couch.

What kinds of products are safe for wool rugs do you guys know? Do any of you have a preference of which enzymatic cleaner is the best even if it's not safe for wool? Avi spilled a quart of white paint on my other wool carpet ( :yikes ) and I used almost a whole bottle of resolve carpet cleaner which is also not safe for wool but it didn't seem to damage it (not like i had much of a choice at that moment in time.)

So what are your preferences?

I have used this product for about 2 years now and it really seems to do the trick. I don't know about wool though. I always get the concentrate one that you mix with water (so that probably wouldn't work on wool) but they have others too. There webwite is acting a little wierd today, but there is a phone number on there where you can call them.

http://odorxit.com/

I wouldn't put Simple Solution anyway near a carpet. I think it works best on hard surfaces or as a prewash before you throw something in the washing machine. When I've used SS on a carpet, it nearly always leaves a slight stain.

I have this and it does says it's safe on natural and synthetic carpets.

I have used it on our carpets upstairs, both royal blue in colour without any staining, however, on the beige carpet on our stairs (what was I thinking ) :yikes it did leave a darkish stain, but having said that, I had tried other carpet cleaners on it beforehand (vanish) and perhaps over did the scrubbing
first.

arasara said:
I have a question for those of you who are experienced pee removers:

What enzymatic cleaner is the best? I have nature's miracle but I have a print out from Simple Solution that says this:

What is the difference between Simple Solution and Nature's Miracle?

"Simple Solution combines advanced cleaners with beneficial bacteria and enzymes that digest the source of odor and stain-causing residue. Nature's Miracle is an enzyme-only product and lacks the essential technology of beneficial bacteria to remove the waste completely from the carpet. The bacteria in Simple Solution eat the residue broken up by the enzymes. The by-product of this process is carbon dioxide and water. The carbon dioxide and water are odorless and will evaporate in a drying time."

Neither of these products say they are safe for wool carpet which is where I am stuck. I have an 8x10 area rug that's hand tufted 100% wool in my living room that cost me as much as Kosmo did. Faith is "banned" from that area for right now unless she's just been out to the bathroom or she's up cuddling with us on the couch.

What kinds of products are safe for wool rugs do you guys know? Do any of you have a preference of which enzymatic cleaner is the best even if it's not safe for wool? Avi spilled a quart of white paint on my other wool carpet ( :yikes ) and I used almost a whole bottle of resolve carpet cleaner which is also not safe for wool but it didn't seem to damage it (not like i had much of a choice at that moment in time.)

So what are your preferences?

Go to Swish next time your in Whitby - Anderson St. They have a website and are actually an industrial wholesaler of cleaning products. They sell a rug cleaner for pet control. We used it after our lab was gone as in her last half yr, many accidents started. Kodee does not smell a thing - she has been in the den all wk and no accidents - yet - touch wood. I know its 100% safe for carpets. I dont use it for accidents with kodee on her pad or kitchen floor. For that I just use a regular enzyme cleaner - pet enzyme I think.

I've used Simple Solution on my wool carpet, with no problems, but I think any bad result would be due to colour run and that's down to individual manufcaturers. I found Simple Solution just as good as another brand which cost £17 for a litre, on 'special offer' at Crufts.

This is a timely subject for me, i am just going out to get some more Nature's Miracle today because of a defecation crisis recently with my dog houseguest.

Cathy Moon suggested putting Simple Solution in the carpet steamer. I'm not sure if she has actually done this, she said you can put Simple Solution in the carpet steamer.

Back