• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cyrus~ our Kitty

Maxwell&me

My 16 Year old Persian Kitty had a massive embalism ( SP? )
some time in the night last night. He awoke this morning and was unable to walk, and was horribly confused.

My Husband brought him into the Vet, and after some tests we came to the realisation that at his age, with cancer and a heart condition it was best not to put him through a lengthy surgery and Physical Therapy...not to mention there was question as to him surviving through the sedation.

It been a hard day for me and the children. Gosh, Ive had kitty longer than anyone...Its so hard to be unselfish and let them go.

A very important part of our lives, and so loved in our family... he will be missed.

So sorry for your loss. I suppose if you don't have cats you don't really understand how much they can affect you. They are seen as aloof but we loved ours so much. Best that Cyrus did not have to suffer any further. Always hard to lose a pet...especially after such a long life.

Oh I am so sorry. Sixteen years is a long long time to have that special kitten in your heart. My thoughts are with you.

So sorry to hear about Cyrus :hug: I had two 3/4 Persians and they had such wonderful personalities. Very intelligent cats indeed. You will most certainly miss the little guy and I'll bet Maxwell will too :(

Thinking of you and your family and sending you :hug:s xxxxx

Go run with the other kitties at the bridge Cyrus, no more pain but plenty of mice to chase :flwr:

Maxwell's family,

So sorry to hear about your kitty. These things are never easy. You made the right decision and I am sure Cyrus is a happy little camper right now. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Let us know if we can do anything. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so very sorry for the heartbreak that you and your family are going through right now :( sixteen years is such a long time and yet not long enough.....

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours at this very sad time.

:lotsaluv: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I thank you all for your sweet messages....I cant tell you how much they mean today. I called his breeder to thank her for the many years of joy that she gave us with cyrus.....His cattery was Joyvyn ( Karlin, if Im breaking any rules let me know or remove the name)

I didnt realise that his father was a grand champion, and that this perticular catery is very well known....His father was Jenwilli new york NY
At the time my husband and I purchased him we were very short on cash, and I now know that they cut us a MAJOR break...and that allowed us to bring him home. He was the first purchase we ever made together, and the start of not only our lives together but our family. The day we brought him home was the day my husband mentioned getting married.

We have been offered pick of the litter from one due in April, but with a heavy heart we are just not ready to make that decision....I dont think there is any replacing the very soul that Cyrus had....and Im not sure with Cavaliers...its fair to a kitten. ( hogan likes to jump and play and doesnt get that the Kittys are not interested)

Im still hoping for a show dog, and as we all know they demand attention and Im not sure if there is room for both. We will take a few months to decide, and Im so thankful that this didnt happen on super bowl sunday....I dont know if I could have brought him to a vet that isnt our own for something like this, He always had a certian "savy" about him and made transitions as easy as he could....like when we drove him halfway across the country in a car...or when the children arrived. He was always a gentleman...and just the sweetest thing. Never caused a problem, and accepted everything. I know in my heart that he waited, just to be accomidating...like he always was....

Bless his heart~ really just the perfect Kitty, I could never ask for more than what he was.....

Thank again for your sweet messages and words of encouragement....Your all so kind. Its appreciated more than you know.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Cyrus. :( Sixteen years is a very long time, and he is so much a part of your family history. It is difficult to let go, but it was the right thing to do for him. Maxwell will help you get through this. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

wow. cyrus is like the heart of your family, the root of it. what a wonderful legacy for him, the part he played in bringing it all together, and all that came from it, such a precious soul.

Back