Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greenies!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greenies!!

Went into a pet shop in coolock today and what do you know, they had GREENIES on sale so I bought two. Mind you, at €1.75 each for the tiny one and €9.45 for the large one, I think they are greatly overpriced.

Cara had hers gone in a flash but Minnie didn't seem to like hers at all; she prefers the Salami sticks from Lidl. Has anyone tried them and if so, are they OK to give as an occasional treat?

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Claire - I can get 107 teenie greenies in the US for $20.40!! Here they are 1.50 per greenie. I can't believe how overpriced they are at some places!! Kind of makes you sick doesnt it?
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Sara wrote:
    Claire - I can get 107 teenie greenies in the US for $20.40!!
    Sara~can you not buy them online and have them delivered to you? or would the taxes be too high??

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

I got them from www.dog.com and ordered enough greenies to feed a whole army. I got a box for me, Linda, my mom and my granny. They don't deliver to Canada and plus they are heavy so I had them shipped to my mom (orders over $50 ship FREE!) and she brought them up at Christmas time. When I go back home I'll reload on stuff like greenies, nylabones, booda bones etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arasara
    Claire - I can get 107 teenie greenies in the US for $20.40!! Here they are 1.50 per greenie. I can't believe how overpriced they are at some places!! Kind of makes you sick doesnt it?
    Ditto... i went into petsmart the other day and greenies that were individual wrapped (as an impulse buy) were $0.89 to $1.09 USD!!
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.dog.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=340016+PET&Cat=

Here's the link to the greenies Raven - I am not sure but I don't think greenies are supposed to be "safe" for dogs under 6 months. It's worth looking into.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I know... i didn't buy any... they are unsafe for dogs under 5 lbs or 6 months...

I was saying they were in the impulse section... like a candy bar... I thought it was a funny comparison...
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

petedge.com has the lowest prices I have found online for Greenies becuse they sell the retail packs. Buying the 107s are annoying though as you have to buy the retail, individually wrapped ones, not very 'green' (sp to speak!) to have all that plastic wrapping plus a pain to open. I usually get the cannisters of the petites now.

I am trying to get Lisa and Tara to carry them on their online store including the large sizes. They are quite expensive individually. Kepp in mind the 107s are retail packs and not the way most people buy them thus you are getting a just over wholesale price, not a retail price when you buy in bulk.

If I recll the UK suppliers won't ship treats to Ireland. No one in Ireland sells them in any other way than in the individual format.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

btw... have you all seen these new "pill pockets"

http://greenies.com/en_US/products_pill_pockets.asp
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

i like the look of them we normally just put lady's worming tablet inside some chesse. Which gets a bit messy.
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old