• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Greenies!!

MIne have never tried greenies (poor deprived babies that they are :lol: ). I did buy some of those pill pocket things for Maxx when he had to have some antibiotics before. He was dead crafty though and spat the tablet out whilst managing to eat the pill pocket :roll:

Kind of defeated the object really :lol:

as with many things that i have looked for in the pet store that i have seen recommended on this site, greenies was one of the ones that i found in the reduced discontinuing section! :? that and that baby powder frangrance shampoo. :? i managed to get some greenies for 35p each but as jadan can be quite intolerant to things i only bought about 5 and he was fine with them (green poo!) ;) , went back and they had all gone. same with shampoo. :x seems i get the info off this site and then they get rid of it all!! :( i have found green denta stixs that are like the pedigree denta stix (exept green and not so many additives) and jadan is doing wel on these (same green poo!) are these the same as the greenies do you think. they are a shop own brand but look and feel the same only in a denta stix shape. i only give jadan half a day as they are about 3 and half inches long and not sure if he should have a whole one. doesnt say on the pack just the size the dog should be to eat them. ie between such and such weight.

We've gone back to greenies now they've reforumlated them. And my guys sure are happy!! Shelby is a gulper and would literally bite hers into two pieces and then poop those two pieces out later. There was no point in giving them to her since it didn't do her teeth any good. At Petco one day they had a rep giving out free samples. I explained why I wasn't feeding them and she was very nice and understanding and explained the whole reformulation to me. I took two samples home and they both did fine with them. So.....greenies a couple of times a week and two happy puppies.

As with anything else.....you have to be vigilant. Dogs can choke on anything...you just gotta watch them. And I do!

For the longest time I couldn't feed greenies to my boys because of Stewie's wheat and soy allergy. He has terrible reactions to both and it wouldn't be fair to give it to just my cavies and leave poor Stewie out :( Now that he is staying with the in-laws during out "joint custody" arrangement , there is no chance of him getting ahold of one and having a reaction. I am off to the store to get some after work!

Cody will inhale it after about 30 seconds, as will Wesley. But it's been a while and I will see how they react.

PS: If you go to Greenies.com, they will send you a free one in the mail ;)

I love PetEdge but it's also worth checking out http://www.petfooddirect.com. They're Greenies are only a few cents more expensive than the ones at PetEdge BUT PetFoodDirect always has coupons ranging from 5% - 25%. AND if you sign up for their email newsletters you will get new coupons every week or so. In fact, I just ordered 2 boxes of 50count petite greenies at $24.49 each and with the 25% off coupon it was a really great deal.

I alternate between PetEdge and PetFoodDirect depending on who has a good sale or coupon.

GudrunTheRed: Do you buy your dog food through them? They seem to have great sales! Wellness Fish and Potato's 30lb bag is almost $10 cheaper even without a coupon...I have just never bought dog food online and had to deal with delivery. What are your thoughts?

Edited to add: YIPEESSS!! Never mind!! Shipping a 30lb bag is $15.95!! There went all the savings and then some! :yikes

GudrunTheRed: Do you buy your dog food through them? They seem to have great sales! Wellness Fish and Potato's 30lb bag is almost $10 cheaper even without a coupon...I have just never bought dog food online and had to deal with delivery. What are your thoughts?

I've never bought actual food online because I can get all my favorite holistic brands at a small local pet store. But if the shipping costs aren't prohibitive for you I would highly recommend ordering online because it's super convenient! I love the convenience of having stuff shipped to my front door, but I really enjoy taking Chester to the pet store because the owner and employees are super nice and love seeing him.

If you don't have a local store that carries the brands you like I would definitely order online. PetFoodDirect has really good customer service and if you have any questions I suggest you call them up and chat with them a bit.

Back