Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruby here and I'm a little scared!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ruby here and I'm a little scared!

Ruby here,

You're probably used to reading about my travel adventures with my "sister" Sydney in the General Gallery. However, I am scheduled to have my spaying surgery on Thursday and I'm really scared. I would appreciate it if everyone thinks about me. And I hope you think of Sydney too because we are never, ever apart and I don't want her to be scared either. I know Mom and Dad are nervous but they say it is for the best and it will mean I will probably have fewer health issues later in life. I hope this is the right thing but I trust my Mom and Dad because they love me and they wouldn't let anything bad happen to me.

Ruby in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby sweetie...you're going to be fine. Shelby said that the next day she was back to her old self but she sure enjoyed being coddled all night. We'll be thinking about both of you. Jake was very sweet with Shelby when she came home. Every time she made a little moan...Jake would go over and gives her sniffs to make sure she was okay. I think she started doing it just go get his attention...and it worked!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Ruby, honey, it's not nearly so bad as you think....I drove my mom bonkers because she was supposed to keep me calm and confined and all I wanted to do was jump around like a mexican jumping bean! You'll do great!

Love, Annabelle
    Carol, Proud Human of Annabelle and Penelope

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. You take it easy now!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby -
    Oh my word, I will be thinking about you when you have what our human's call "surgery". What a simple word for taking us and removing part of our insides!

It has been several years but I still remember when my Mama had this done to me. (You probably don't know, but I journal all of my adventures and the things that happen to me.) Lucky for me that Mama was working for the veterinarian who was operating on me, so she was with me the entire time, even when I was asleep. I was barely awake when she put me back in the car and took me home with her. But that was only because she was a doggie nurse and knew how to take care of me.

I went immediately into my private house to sleep some more. Then just to make Mama feel a little guilty I acted as though I hurt so badly that I couldn't move. Mama even sat in front of my house and fed me out of her hand. I think she knew that I wasn't feeling as bad as I pretended, but I just couldn't seem to keep myself from moaning or yelping sometimes just to let her know that I knew something was different.

You will feel fine. Rest more than normal for a couple of days (if you are like me it would be hard to rest any more than I already do) and you will be fine. And don't keep your Mama on the hook for too long. She really is doing the best thing for you because she loves you.

Your Friend,
    Wallis
    (I own Crittercall)

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby here,

Thank you all so much for your thoughts. It makes me feel better knowing that everyone is thinking of me and wishing me well. I might have to stay overnight, but Mom and Dad want to bring me home. If I have to stay, they've promised to give me some of my favorite toys and a shirt that Dad has worn to keep me company. I'm still worried about Sydney because she panics when I am away for even a few minutes. I hope Mom and Dad take care of her while I'm away.

Ruby in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ruby,

Bella here. Don't worry sweetie! You will be just fine, and it will be over before you know what's even happening. You'll bounce back so fast, too! (maybe even too fast for your mommy's liking!).

They wanted to keep me overnight, too, but my mom made a big hairy fuss about that, so they let her pick me up that same night. I was much happier at home in bed with mom and dad!

Good luck, and let us know how it all goes. We'll be thinking about you!
    Bella's Mom

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Ruby! I'm Bentley, and my owner told me that you will do great, and not to worry too much, your owners will take the very best care of you! Let us know how you're doing when you get back home hun!
    ~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote="cka"] jump around like a mexican jumping bean!
    Perfect description of lady.
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old

Post Thanks / Like

and don't worry you'll be fine we will be thinking of you.
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old