• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby here and I'm a little scared!

Sydney

Ruby here,

You're probably used to reading about my travel adventures with my "sister" Sydney in the General Gallery. However, I am scheduled to have my spaying surgery on Thursday and I'm really scared. I would appreciate it if everyone thinks about me. And I hope you think of Sydney too because we are never, ever apart and I don't want her to be scared either. I know Mom and Dad are nervous but they say it is for the best and it will mean I will probably have fewer health issues later in life. I hope this is the right thing but I trust my Mom and Dad because they love me and they wouldn't let anything bad happen to me.

Ruby in Virginia :paw:

Ruby sweetie...you're going to be fine. Shelby said that the next day she was back to her old self but she sure enjoyed being coddled all night. We'll be thinking about both of you. Jake was very sweet with Shelby when she came home. Every time she made a little moan...Jake would go over and gives her sniffs to make sure she was okay. I think she started doing it just go get his attention...and it worked!

Oh Ruby, honey, it's not nearly so bad as you think....I drove my mom bonkers because she was supposed to keep me calm and confined and all I wanted to do was jump around like a mexican jumping bean! You'll do great!

Love, Annabelle

Ruby -
Oh my word, I will be thinking about you when you have what our human's call "surgery". What a simple word for taking us and removing part of our insides!

It has been several years but I still remember when my Mama had this done to me. (You probably don't know, but I journal all of my adventures and the things that happen to me.) Lucky for me that Mama was working for the veterinarian who was operating on me, so she was with me the entire time, even when I was asleep. I was barely awake when she put me back in the car and took me home with her. But that was only because she was a doggie nurse and knew how to take care of me.

I went immediately into my private house to sleep some more. Then just to make Mama feel a little guilty I acted as though I hurt so badly that I couldn't move. Mama even sat in front of my house and fed me out of her hand. I think she knew that I wasn't feeling as bad as I pretended, but I just couldn't seem to keep myself from moaning or yelping sometimes just to let her know that I knew something was different.

You will feel fine. Rest more than normal for a couple of days (if you are like me it would be hard to rest any more than I already do) and you will be fine. And don't keep your Mama on the hook for too long. She really is doing the best thing for you because she loves you.

Your Friend,
Wallis
(I own Crittercall)

Ruby here,

Thank you all so much for your thoughts. It makes me feel better knowing that everyone is thinking of me and wishing me well. I might have to stay overnight, but Mom and Dad want to bring me home. If I have to stay, they've promised to give me some of my favorite toys and a shirt that Dad has worn to keep me company. I'm still worried about Sydney because she panics when I am away for even a few minutes. I hope Mom and Dad take care of her while I'm away.

Hi Ruby,

Bella here. Don't worry sweetie! You will be just fine, and it will be over before you know what's even happening. You'll bounce back so fast, too! (maybe even too fast for your mommy's liking!).

They wanted to keep me overnight, too, but my mom made a big hairy fuss about that, so they let her pick me up that same night. I was much happier at home in bed with mom and dad!

Good luck, and let us know how it all goes. We'll be thinking about you! :hug:

Hi there Ruby! I'm Bentley, and my owner told me that you will do great, and not to worry too much, your owners will take the very best care of you! Let us know how you're doing when you get back home hun!

Sydney here,

Ruby had her spaying surgery today and I was going to let everyone know with a post but I just found this thread. I overheard Mom and Dad say that everything went fine, that all her pre-op blood work was just perfect and the surgery was uneventful. Ruby even ate most of the food Mom left for her. As of 7:00 this evening, my Ruby was asleep but will have to stay overnight which I hate.

As I said earlier, I didn't know that Ruby had written this post yesterday. However, now that I have read all the posts I would like to tell you all thank you for caring about my "sister". She was so scared and I helped her as much as I could, but it was all your postings that really made her feel better. Today was really hard for me because this is the first time since Ruby came to live with us that we've been apart for this long and its been so hard and so lonely today. I didn't realize how having Ruby around makes the day so much fun and makes it go so fast. I don't like being apart but I'll sleep close to Mom and Dad tonight and we'll go to pick Ruby up first thing in the morning. Again, from the bottom of my Cavalier heart I say thank you all for your kind wishes. :thnx:

Sydney in Virginia :paw:

So glad Ruby will be back home tomorrow. And you're a good big sister to worry about her. She'll be back before you know it.

Sydney -
You are a dear for letting us know about little Ruby. I'm glad that she is okay and that she will be back with you tomorrow.

Please give her my best.

Your friend -
Wallis

:oops: sorry I missed this Sydney :flwr: so glad Ruby got through her surgery ok. Bet you'll be delighted when she gets home, so you can cuddle her and help Mom and Dad to mind her :hug:

:lotsaluv: :hug: :hug:

Claire L wrote:
:oops: sorry I missed this Sydney :flwr:

I'm with you claire ;)

I am so glad everything went well Sydney. I couldn't imagine not being able to read your fun stories out with your parents. ;)

Thanks to you Ruby for taking care of your sister and giving us an update.

Glad things went well and I look forward to your future posts! :flwr: [/b]

Oh Sydney, thank you for updating us on how Ruby's sugery went. We are glad that things went well for Ruby. She'll be home very soon and you and your parents can take turns doing everything for her. ;) :flwr:

Sydney and RUBY here,

Ruby came home this morning, Ruby came home this morning. I'm so excited I just can't stand it. :jump: :hug: :jmp2:

I was looking out the window when Mom drove up with Ruby and I met them both at the door when they walked in. She looks good and we gave each other a really big hug the minute she walked in. Then we both went into the kitchen and demanded a treat from Mom to celebrate. She is asleep in Mom's lap right now so maybe later this evening when Mom and Dad go to sleep she can log on and tell you about her experience. It won't be long now and we'll both be back on the road again for an update to Ruby Here. Thanks again everyone. I'm so very happy now that I know Ruby is okay. :w**h**:

Sydney and Ruby in Virginia :paw:

Sydney here,

We're not wacky, we're just two very gifted Cavaliers with extraordinary talents. If you want more examples of our talent all you have to do is go to the General Gallery and read about our adventures on the "Ruby Here" thread.

Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Ruby here,

My surgery is over, I'm back home now and Mom and Dad have gone to bed. I just wanted to give everyone an update now that everything is over. My surgery went better than I thought but it was still hard. I am so glad its over and I am back home with Sydney now. I had to stay overnight and I am really glad I had a toy and one of Dad's shirts to sleep with. However, once the surgery was over I slept really well and the time went really fast. Mom came to get me first thing when the vets office opened. I didn't see her come in but I heard her voice out in the lobby and I just couldn't contain my excitement at knowing she was just beyond the door and had come to get me. I started to whine and cry because I really missed her. I guess I whined a little too much because the Vet came out of his office thinking something was terribly wrong with me. Of course once he saw Mom standing there he knew what all the commotion was about and that I was well enough to go home. (y) And boy was I ever glad to go home. Sydney met me at the door and we got a celebration treat from Mom and I've been getting lots and lots of attention from Mom ever since. I feel really good and have been running around the house. Its almost like I never even had surgery except for my naked tummy. Mom keeps telling me to take it easy by I have a lot of catching up to do with Sydney. She is telling me to rest but all I want to do is run around the house and get reacquainted with everything. Anyway, as you can see, I am better and I just wanted to thank everyone for helping through this difficult period in my young life. You've all been such a big help but I guess thats the purpose of this site. Now I can get back to our travel adventures and telling you all about it in our ongoing thread in the General Gallery. Tune in and watch Sydney and I grow old together.

:thnku:

Back