Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEARLY LOST HOLLY YESTERDAY

Post Thanks / Like

that's so scary i am so relieved that she's ok and using treats is a good way to get lady to come back to me going to start training that with her tonight. My trainer at puppy class said that if you loose your dog to stay silent as when you are shouting they use your voice as a sounding post when you are silent they will come back to you. Does anyone think that this would work? Maybe it would be better on walks and not if they came loose on roads busy areas.
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old

Post Thanks / Like

Barney did that once when he was attack it took me ages to get hold of him ---Aileen and the gang (Jazzie--Barney--Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad she's okay!!
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my word, Charlie can do this with his harness too It is soooo scary when they run and won't listen though - luckily Charlie just stands there and looks at me as if to say 'Huh, don't want the harness on anyway' - now he has his Puppia he hasn't managed to slip it - yet!

Really glad you got Holly back in one piece though Yvonne - bet Bernie's nerves are a bit shattered though

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All

Wow I can totally sympathize with you on this topic.

This happened with me when Rio was about 19 weeks old. The teenage girl who lives next door to me came in to ask if she could take him round the block for a 5 minute walk, I trust her implicitly but she and I both made the mistake to not look to see if the other neighbours had closed the front door main access to our apartments, we live on a main road next to a large park. We even have a large sign on the door to ALWAYS SHUT IT. He literally sped past me, over the lip of the door, my neighbours friend almost had him and he ran right out into the pavement and round the corner wall to our building.

Meanwhile the three of us sprinted out of the main hallway and into the street, me still in my pyjamas and socks screaming "RIO, WHAT HAVE I GOT???" this works like a charm as he always thinks you have something for him, plus I think he sensed the panic in my voice he came running back and I scooped him up and shut the door behind me, heart hammering in my chest, got him back inside the house checking him over. Jennifer my neighbour started to cry as did her friend, while I stood there shaking and the little David Copperfield just sits there panting and playing with a toy, thinking "HA HA ! I escaped I was free"

I honestly could have had a bottle of vodka or something then to settle my nerves

Meanwhile Mum was across the street at the shop getting milk and had seen me in my cute pink pyjamas and Rio running out into the street she was on her mobile to my younger sister and was just about to say something when she said "Oh Cr&$p, I gotta go" Basically if we didnt have the fence for the traffic lights outside our house, he would have been a goner, from then on he has remained in his crate or in the kitchen until a visitor or neighbour rings the door.

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

That is so scary. When Lily got away, I yelled "treat, treat, no way was she stopping. Treat ALWAYS gets her to do what I want, well almost always, but not the times she got out. I don't know how I am ever going to stop her if it ever happens again. She is faster than a jack rabbit, and doesn't look back. Even in the back yard when I take her out, if I'm ready to go in and she's not, I'll say "let's go get a treat" and if she's not ready, she's not budging. They can be very stubborn sometimes.
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.