• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm so excited!

Noleen

Hi everyone.

After trying to get a Cavalier for weeks I am now getting one this afternoon!!! :D The breeder was meant to be sending her to the USA but the travel costs were very expensive and I think that what was her 'to be' owner decided against it which works out great for me. I just went out at lunch time to pick up some things for her. I hope I didn't forget anything. I will post pictures of my new addition soon.

Noleen[/list]

:jump: That is great news, be prepared to love love love beyond what you ever expected. We want to see pictures.
judy

Judy no doubt I will have loads of photographs. But do you know how to post photographs? Is it a case of copy and pasting? Also, how did you post the picure that appears with you name every time you post a message?

Noleen, I'm just getting the hang of the pix myself so I'll leave that to someone with more experience to explain to you.

I think that puppy was meant to be yours!! I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason - and the reason those people didn't get that Cav was because it was yours.

Looking forward to your pix and more posts.

Hi everyone. Well it was one week ago today that we got the new addition to our family, Maggie. She is settling in well now though she is not very active. She was quite scared when I first brought her home and it took her a while to come out of her crate. I bought a play pen to keep her in at night. But 3 nights in a row she peed in her bed and so her bed had to be washed every day and Maggie had to have a bath. Then one night she just wouldn't settle in the pen so we put her bed on the floor and from then on she has been fine. She just mustn't like being confined. I think the breeder kept her in his kennels so I wasn't expecting her to be well house trained but she is good. We leave newpaper beside the back door in the kitchen and she goes on that (most of the time but sometimes she does miss a wee bit) :oops: . She wont eat in front of us though which I find strange. She also isn't lead trained and when I took her out last week she wouldn't move. Then she started smelling around the grass. But when I went to take her out of the drive she stopped and wouldn't move. So if anyone has any suggestions or comments about anything I love to hear them.

My husband and I are delighted to have Maggie in our lives, she brightens up our days!

I can't find our camera at the moment but I will post pictures of our wee darling soon. Well she is a lot bigger than I thought she would be.

These are all normal puppy behaviours; all is strange to her and she is suddenly alone without her other litter and dog companions too. Most puppies are afraid of leads and collars; it takes a while to train them to be comfortable. try walking her in the house rather than utside. Also she shouldn;t be walked outside til she is at least 1 week past her final set of puppy vaccinations. Your vet can advise. (y)

I still can't find the lead for my camera so I took a couple of photos on my mobile and emailed them to myself. Here are a couple of photographs of Maggie. Unfortunately these photos are not the best but I will try to get better ones.

392047304_ae53d1361a_m.jpg

392046649_856954d6fe_m.jpg

Oh, Noleen she's just beautiful! How old is Maggie?

Don't worry too much about her not eating in front of you, she just needs time to adjust and get comfortable with her surroundings and her new parents!

And about the lead and not walking, my chester went through the same thing now he takes me for a walk!

Enjoy your new little baby and i hope she brings you as much joy and happiness as my little boy (9 years old but still the most adorable thing!) has!

Welcome.

From Chester and his mummy! ;)

What a cutie! watch you will get better at photographing her, it's like photographing "wildlife"...you have to anticipate the photo even before you shoot. I've gotten somewhat better after years of taking pictures of rabbits, and boy do puppies also move fast!
She is adorable and hope you are already receiving much joy and happiness from her!
Natalie

Back