Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For anyone who has a ruby....

Post Thanks / Like

Default For anyone who has a ruby....

Okay, so Darla has the most beautiful coat. She is a deep solid, but she has a patch of light blond on her chest. Her father and mother were both solid (no white). Will she darken up at all? Or is she going to have a blond chest forever? I was just wondering. It doesn't matter, I was just curious! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lucky still has a white chest, but he also used to have a fairly prominent white stripe down his face and that has become less obvious ...

I don't know the answer, but I think it could become less obvious on the chest too, but probably we both need to wait and see.

I'm intersted to know too.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Small amounts of white hair will usually get covered over by the Ruby hairs when they come in longer...but larger patches will be more obvious...

Even if both parents were solid coloured, with no white, if there were any particolours behind them in the pedigree then the white could come from them.

I'm sure you will still love them anyway
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

absolutely love him anyway!!! ... in fact, for me the white is part of the reason I chose Lucky. It looks like he got into a pint of vanilla ice cream and made a little mess on his chin ...

Actually come to think of it ... he IS that mischievous ...
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

its unlikely to go completley most white gets smaller with age but depending on how much there is .........
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Darla is the cutest thing I've ever seen, but boy is she bad!!! I've got to learn how to post pictures of the little

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean white, or just a paler blondish tone of red? Amber has actual pearl-white on her chin and chest, and a stripe down her face. She also has blondish patches at her shoulders. They're definitely not white- it's more like the colour of her puppy fur. That what you're referring to? I'm assuming that will eventually go.
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

When Darby was born both his back paws were pure white, now that his slippers are coming in the white is disappearing.

He has a milk chin and I love it, he had this when he was born too.

He did have a white chest and still does, I also think he will always have a touch of white on his chest I remember when I picked Dudley up from the breeders and saw Darby's mom at that time she was just a bit older than Darby is now and she had some white on her chest.

When I picked Darby up and seen Lady all the white was gone but of course so was most of her gorgeous coat too due to giving birth.

Here is a picture of Darby's mom below I believe she was just over a year old in this picture and you can see the white is disappearing.

Darby's Mom

Darby with white feet as a wee baby

Darby at 10 months

Darby at 9 months

I have a picture of my darling Tedbear which is Nicki's Ruby sitting on my sofa table and he is gorgeous. His milk chin and touch of white in his chest add personality and character to who he is.

P.S.

Stacy if you need help posting a picture of Darla let me know and I will help you.
    I would love to see her.

Hope the visual helps.

Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

Tibby looks very much like Linda's Darby @ 10 months - except Tibby is about 7 years old. Her white chest was yellow when we got her due to the fact that she had never been out of a crate. But once the stain was gone she has had pretty much the same amount of white since we first got her.

Wallis - who is a blenheim - has a patch on one of her ears that has turned sort of strawberry blonde. I have just assumed that this is because she enjoys herself chasing lizards in the FL sunshine.
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Bella is completely Ruby with no white patches anywhere. She does get sandy colored hair in some spots, a dog groomer told us that this is her undercoat growing through, something which is common in dogs that have been spayed/neutered.
    Mum to Bella - Ruby bitch (3 years old)