• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

For anyone who has a ruby....

StacyC

Okay, so Darla has the most beautiful coat. She is a deep solid, but she has a patch of light blond on her chest. Her father and mother were both solid (no white). Will she darken up at all? Or is she going to have a blond chest forever? I was just wondering. It doesn't matter, I was just curious! Thanks!

Lucky still has a white chest, but he also used to have a fairly prominent white stripe down his face and that has become less obvious ...

I don't know the answer, but I think it could become less obvious on the chest too, but probably we both need to wait and see. :flwr:

I'm intersted to know too.

Small amounts of white hair will usually get covered over by the Ruby hairs when they come in longer...but larger patches will be more obvious...

Even if both parents were solid coloured, with no white, if there were any particolours behind them in the pedigree then the white could come from them.

I'm sure you will still love them anyway :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

absolutely love him anyway!!! :lotsaluv: ... in fact, for me the white is part of the reason I chose Lucky. It looks like he got into a pint of vanilla ice cream and made a little mess on his chin ... :lol:

Actually come to think of it ... he IS that mischievous ...

its unlikely to go completley most white gets smaller with age but depending on how much there is .........

Thanks guys! Darla is the cutest thing I've ever seen, but boy is she bad!!! I've got to learn how to post pictures of the little icon_devil

Do you mean white, or just a paler blondish tone of red? Amber has actual pearl-white on her chin and chest, and a stripe down her face. She also has blondish patches at her shoulders. They're definitely not white- it's more like the colour of her puppy fur. That what you're referring to? I'm assuming that will eventually go.

When Darby was born both his back paws were pure white, now that his slippers are coming in the white is disappearing.

He has a milk chin and I love it, he had this when he was born too.

He did have a white chest and still does, I also think he will always have a touch of white on his chest I remember when I picked Dudley up from the breeders and saw Darby's mom at that time she was just a bit older than Darby is now and she had some white on her chest.

When I picked Darby up and seen Lady all the white was gone but of course so was most of her gorgeous coat too due to giving birth.

Here is a picture of Darby's mom below I believe she was just over a year old in this picture and you can see the white is disappearing.

Darby's Mom

Lady_20_Feb1.jpg

Darby with white feet as a wee baby

Darby13wks.jpg

Darby at 10 months
IMG_5130.jpg

Darby at 9 months

DarbysTag.jpg

I have a picture of my darling Tedbear which is Nicki's Ruby sitting on my sofa table and he is gorgeous. His milk chin and touch of white in his chest add personality and character to who he is.

P.S.

Stacy if you need help posting a picture of Darla let me know and I will help you.
I would love to see her.

Hope the visual helps.

:D :D :D :D :D

Tibby looks very much like Linda's Darby @ 10 months - except Tibby is about 7 years old. Her white chest was yellow when we got her due to the fact that she had never been out of a crate. But once the stain was gone she has had pretty much the same amount of white since we first got her.

Wallis - who is a blenheim - has a patch on one of her ears that has turned sort of strawberry blonde. I have just assumed that this is because she enjoys herself chasing lizards in the FL sunshine.

Bella is completely Ruby with no white patches anywhere. She does get sandy colored hair in some spots, a dog groomer told us that this is her undercoat growing through, something which is common in dogs that have been spayed/neutered.

Her's is more of a blond color, not really white. But seriously, she is so cute. She's sitting on my lap right now watching me type. LOL! Ashley, your two look just like my two chasing each other around like nuts!! But mine are running around in snow, and yours in the sand! :cry*ing:

I just have to say this. Every time I see this topic I get excited because I just LOVE rubies - the kind that come in jewelry!! My birthstone so I have a good excuse to buy them and wear them.

Of course I love Tibby too. But say the word "ruby" and I start wondering about which finger I could put it on!

What do you think if I start a Ruby Photo Thread in the General Gallery, will you all post a picture of your darling babies so we can see them all together in one thread. ???????????????

Post on this thread and let me know, if you would be interested in doing this.

Linda & The Boys

Sydney here,

Sorry but Ruby is a little incapacitated right now so I am writing for her. Its good to see all you ruby owners out there love us so much no matter what we look like or what color we are. Big Cavalier hugs for all of you. My sister Ruby is a true ruby with no white and Mom and Dad absolutely adore her. But then again, Mom and Dad love all Cavaliers. :D She is deep rich red and some hightlights from her undercoat. You wrote that Darla has light colored or blond on her chest. Light colored sandy or blond red indicates undercoat and is normal for a solid ruby. You'll see that color on the top of the chest, around the stomach, and the feet where the topcoat thins out. White hair on the other hand is gene driven and only time will tell whether is goes away or stays. Nicki was right about the pedigree. If any dam or sire in the pedigree was anything other than a ruby, you increase the chance of white or even black appearing in the coat in subsequent generations, although white appears to be dominant. Enough for the science lesson though. All we Cavaliers ask is that you love us no matter what color we are because we sure love you in return. I asked Ruby and she said she would love to see a Ruby Thread in the General Gallery so she can see all her ruby sisters and brothers. But then again, I would like to see a Tri-Color Thread in the General Gallery just for equal time. Please don't leave us tri-colors out.

Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Love the Rubies :D

Our little fellow had a tiny bit of white on his chest when he was a pup, but he has appeared to have lost it with age.

I will post some photos in the gallery.

Okay I am going to start a thread for all four colours, as I love them all.

So regardless of whether you have a puppy or a Adult I am putting the threads in the General Section of the Photo Gallery.

Let's see if we can get everybody to participate.

I think it will be fun. :D :D :D :D :D

Back