Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For anyone who has a ruby....

Post Thanks / Like

Arthur has some white on his chest and chin...but right now has a little blond mohawk!! I love it.
    Ashley - Mom to Duncan (4 years/blenheim) and Arthur (3 years/ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Her's is more of a blond color, not really white. But seriously, she is so cute. She's sitting on my lap right now watching me type. LOL! Ashley, your two look just like my two chasing each other around like nuts!! But mine are running around in snow, and yours in the sand!

Post Thanks / Like

I just have to say this. Every time I see this topic I get excited because I just LOVE rubies - the kind that come in jewelry!! My birthstone so I have a good excuse to buy them and wear them.

Of course I love Tibby too. But say the word "ruby" and I start wondering about which finger I could put it on!
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sophie looks exactly like Darby (love the name)

They are all so beautiful
    Regards

Sharon (Sophie's Mother)
    In Sunny Australia

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think if I start a Ruby Photo Thread in the General Gallery, will you all post a picture of your darling babies so we can see them all together in one thread. ???????????????

Post on this thread and let me know, if you would be interested in doing this.

Linda & The Boys
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I would ----Aileen and the gang(Jazzie---Barney---Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney here,

Sorry but Ruby is a little incapacitated right now so I am writing for her. Its good to see all you ruby owners out there love us so much no matter what we look like or what color we are. Big Cavalier hugs for all of you. My sister Ruby is a true ruby with no white and Mom and Dad absolutely adore her. But then again, Mom and Dad love all Cavaliers. She is deep rich red and some hightlights from her undercoat. You wrote that Darla has light colored or blond on her chest. Light colored sandy or blond red indicates undercoat and is normal for a solid ruby. You'll see that color on the top of the chest, around the stomach, and the feet where the topcoat thins out. White hair on the other hand is gene driven and only time will tell whether is goes away or stays. Nicki was right about the pedigree. If any dam or sire in the pedigree was anything other than a ruby, you increase the chance of white or even black appearing in the coat in subsequent generations, although white appears to be dominant. Enough for the science lesson though. All we Cavaliers ask is that you love us no matter what color we are because we sure love you in return. I asked Ruby and she said she would love to see a Ruby Thread in the General Gallery so she can see all her ruby sisters and brothers. But then again, I would like to see a Tri-Color Thread in the General Gallery just for equal time. Please don't leave us tri-colors out.

Sydney in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Love the Rubies

Our little fellow had a tiny bit of white on his chest when he was a pup, but he has appeared to have lost it with age.

I will post some photos in the gallery.

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay I am going to start a thread for all four colours, as I love them all.

So regardless of whether you have a puppy or a Adult I am putting the threads in the General Section of the Photo Gallery.

Let's see if we can get everybody to participate.

I think it will be fun.
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

Just a tiny bit on his chin, otherwise solid ruby.