Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tricolor, Joey II, in Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

still got my ---Aileen and the gang(Jazzie---Barney---Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with adopting Josh! I don't understand the no kid thing either except when a dog shows a fear or distrust of children. How could he be in a foster home with 5 kids and be okay if he doesn't like them? Curious isn't it. Some of the mill dogs come out afraid of kids because it's often the children that are given the task of feeding and mucking out the cages and aren't always kind to the dogs. I can see how that creates the fear but generally Cavs love kids. Do you think it is because he is on the small side and the rescue folks think it would be better not to have him around children? It will be interesting to find out their reasoning. Keep us posted. All fingers and paws crossed for you.
    JaneB

Post Thanks / Like

Their reasoning is strictly because of his size. This apparently seems to normally be a Yorkie rescue. A lot of breeders are against placing with families w/ small children. But again, there is always a case by case basis. I would've never got a Cavalier if I felt my children could harm him. They're very accustomed to smaller dogs and do very well. As well as Wesley is ALWAYS at my side so no one is ever unsupervised. Unlike people that just let their dogs and kids run crazy.

I'm still waiting to hear back. They have you provide three references and they check your references first, etc. It says on there that it could be a 1-2 week process.
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

And........

I'm bummed. Apparently since Wesley isn't neutered yet (he's only 4 months!) that goes against their policy that all pets in the home must be spayed or neutered. Which I don't see why that really matters since it'd be two boys and he's getting neutered @ 6 months anyway.

But, I guess they have other good applicants. I just told the rescue coordinator to at least try to place him in a Cavalier home where the owners are familiar with the health issues in the breed.

Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, maybe another case where cavalier breed rescue should try to help out. Requiring neutering at 4 months is pretty darn young.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well, she e-mailed me and said that there were actually several Cavalier owners as applicants and that the others had also mentioned the health issues. I told her I'm not too surprised because he was posted on both boards, so he was sure to stir some interest.

So, hopefully he just ends up with someone in the community! Even if it's not me!
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

His posting was down for a while and now it's back up as pending.... I'm annoying and I e-mailed her again in case anything falls through.
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!