• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Prince has seizures!!

That's great -- I hope it will help you get the right diagnosis. I was just confused as I thought he'd only just started seizing and was younger. If there's been a time gap that's good... as more severe cases are more steadily having fits. Often they seem to grow out of EFS too -- it is really an odd condition.

If you know the contact you saw at Belfield, be sure to pass along the EFS website link to them if you are able. I know several cavaliers in Ireland that do have this so Belfield should be aware that it can be helped and that it exists as a condition. (y)

Let us know what you decide to do -- to wait, or try medication? I'd certainly get him out walking though.

Most dogs like most people don't seem to experience pain when having at least some kinds of seizures BTW -- not at the time of the actual seizure. I have known epileptics who say it looks worse than it actually feels. I think the worst bit is just before it happens when you know it is coming on, but it isn't painful per se, though others may know more. They just are out of it during the seizure then gradually come back to awareness.

Back