Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SORTED: Can any of our US members help this lady ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default SORTED: Can any of our US members help this lady ?

Can anyone in the States help this poor lady ?

On Feb 8, 2007, at 1:14 AM, XXX wrote:

It is with great sadness that I write that I need to find a forever home for my six year old retired AKC Champion Blenheim male Cavalier. If any of you knows someone who would love this sweet fur boy, please contact me as soon as possible.

I have had him since he was 10 months old and love him dearly, but our financial situation has become such that we can no longer financially meet our own needs let-a-lone his needs. His veterinary needs are NOT excessive, just more than we can afford now and our situation is not expected to improve anytime soon. I think we have even stumped the financial expert from our church that has been trying to help us. He agrees that we are not wasting our money or spending it foolishly and that we are doing all that we can to change our situation. Also, I am disabled, which does not help matters. I want what is best for my fur boy and given our current situation, it is best for him that I find someone else who will love and care for this sweet little fur boy.

Again, if any of you knows someone who would love this sweet fur boy, please contact me as soon as possible. The way things look now, I may only have until February 18th or 24th to find a home for him before I might be forced to turn him over to cavalier rescue and that would break my heart even more than it already does that I have to find him another home and can not keep him myself. It is very hard but I can handle having to find another home for my fur boy, but It is really tearing me up to even think about having to turn my furboy over to rescue. Please help me find a forever home for him.

Additonal details about our situation or this fur boy are available privately upon request. (Permission to crosspost granted.)

(details removed by Karlin)

__._,_.___
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my that is so sad... i hope they find a good home for him!
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh how sad ---Aileen and the gang(Jazzie--Barney--Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

As I'm obviously looking for a buddy for Wesley, I sent an e-mail to her. I'd love to help if she likes us! We'll see. Now there are two in the running....
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope something works out. The poor lady seems really desparate.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked with her by phone for a while this morning. She is in contact with Kathy Hebert (did I spell that right?!) but wants to try to place him herself. I was saddened by her comment about rescue being a last resort and called to talk to her about rescue. She has already placed a b&t she needed to rehome. Hopefully she'll find him a good home.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I totally feel for her. That would have to be the hardest thing to do. I spoke with her on the phone and she's doing her absolute best to place Spencer with the best family possible. He has a few minimal medical needs that will need attention, but it's worth it!
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish nothing but the best for this dog and his mummy.....
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......

Post Thanks / Like

The dog is going back to his breeder. There is a lot more to this story than you know, and this is really the best thing and the first thing that should have happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Nancy. I know I keep repeating myself but this type of stuff is exactly why insurance is out there. I couldn't imagine being in this lady's situation - I would probably end up selling muffins on the street corner in lieu of giving them.

*fingers crossed* that things go well with Spencer's transition
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*