• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What does your Cavalier do that makes you smile?

KimNIndy

hi everyone....here's a new little topic:

what sort of sweet or silly things does your cavvie do that just make you smile? :D

here's a couple of indy's

1. if i'm on the couch he likes to walk back and forth under my legs, sqeezing his way between them and the couch like a cat!

2. i love it when he insists on sitting in my lap in that way that only cavaliers can.

3. a seemingly innocent object like a bottlecap or paper cup can suddenly become his 'nemisis' which means he must chase it and bat it around while snarling for at least ten minutes.

4. i love the tiny little 'growls' he makes to get my attention when he wants a door opened so he can go in or out. it's like the doggie equivalent of throat clearing 'ahem ahem....mommy i need you!'

:D k

Joly sits up and begs, tucking his paws tight in , at the last minute. Hard to refuse but it has to be done.

Joly and Izzy bringing a retrieve, especially if it had to be searched for..

What a sweet topic.

Just about every thing Dylan does makes me smile. Sometimes he just looks at me and I know he loves me to bits. That always gets a smile.

Oh and I'm always amused when he gets off anyone elses lap just to be on mine ;) We say, "come to the one you love" and he gets off them and sits on me!!!

I just love Willow's little "puppy grunts" she makes when she's getting comfortable, or we move her when she's sleeping - just adorable!

And the way her whole body wags when we come home - how can you not feel loved!?!

Krista

Spencer makes me smile when he will get in between me and his daddy, especially when we are kissing :shock: , as if to say "My mommy, not yours. My kisses, not yours." :luv:

Izzy is my player. She is up for playing 24/7. Any toy is hers. Any shoe is hers. Any animal is hers (especially Howie). She is always looking out and protecting and playing with all the things that are hers. I am the only one that she will share with. :luv:

Tilly is such a sweet baby girl. She is wagging her tail nonstop 24/7. She is always happy to see you. She is always happy for you to talk to her. She is always happy to get petted. She is even happy to get into trouble! :roll: She is just the happiest little dog I have ever had and dispenses hugs and kisses like they are going out of style. :luv:

Just knowing there are cavs in my life makes me smile.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I would say when I'm sitting here at the computer Wesley makes sure to be at my feet with a toy.

I love it when Cailean says "woo woo woo"

Bradley when he gives me a "Bruddle" - which means a Bradley cuddle, a really close snuggle

Kevin when he does his "happy dance" when I walk in. He woofs and raises one front leg then the other whilst I sing to him.

KimNIndy said:
2. i love it when he insists on sitting in my lap in that way that only cavaliers can.

3. a seemingly innocent object like a bottlecap or paper cup can suddenly become his 'nemisis' which means he must chase it and bat it around while snarling for at least ten minutes.

4. i love the tiny little 'growls' he makes

Those exact same things!! And at nr3, just add nicnacs (you know, the biscuits), I'll try to post a clip of it later on, it's hilarious!!
Also the way he comes to lie at my side in my bed in the morning when he's awake before me, he snuggles up, and falls asleep like a little baby :luv: and off course his amazing eyes!

At training class - Merlin sits looking at me and I just think - thats my boy :D

Oakley on the other hand makes me smile when he is asleep and out of mischief! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whenever I am really frustrated when Zoey has an accident on the floor (by missing the puppy pad) and I am on my hands and knees scrubbing, she will sneak up and steal the paper towel roll and makes me laugh every time. I take the roll away, and she steals the wad that I am using. :lol: :roll: She is such a clown.

I love that Zoey doesn't lay next to Cody and Wesley, she lays ON them. :D

I love how trusting Cody is. He will climb in my lap, then fall backwards and he just expects me to catch him (and knows that I will). Belly rubs are sure to follow. :l*v:

I love when Wesley sees me sitting or laying down and he comes up and literally lays on my face. He snuggles back when I give him kisses and moans and groans with delight :luv:

I love when Cody and Zoey are too sleepy to romp and play anymore, so instead they lay next to each other and bite each other on the muzzle and howl. :lol:

I do love when Scout says "Woo Woo Woo", I didn't realize this was a cavalier thing until I joined this site. All the neighbors get a big kick out of it.

I especially like when I'm scolding for the 1,000,000,000 time not to chase or bully the cats. While I'm scolding her she runs up to me and gives me the big, sad eyes saying I won't do it again. I know it's a lie, but I fall for it everytime. She's just so darn cute!!! icon_whistling

These posts are so wonderful, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes!
I love it when Sofee runs from room to room looking for me in the morning when Daddy takes her out of her crate. When she does, I kneel down and she sticks her head in my lap, sits on her tail and snuggles just as close as she can, then she turns on her side and lays belly up for rubs and puppy massage! :l*v:
Also, I love the way she plays until she is so tired that she lays on my lap, still pulling and tugging at a toy with her mouth but the rest of her body from her neck down as already gone to sleep! :d*g:

I love when Bentley sings when I whisper "mama, mama" in his ear. Sometimes he sounds like he's trying to say "mama", too!
I love when Bentley curls into my side in bed for a snuggle. He's a perfect fit.
I love when Clancy climbs on my lap and pushes his face against my nose and mouth (I can't breathe!). He loves when I blow air against him there.. he closes his eyes, too!
I love when Clancy climbs off my bed using his crate as a stepping stool. He always pauses for BIG stretch before continuiing to the floor.

I love it when I come home and both dogs are so excited to see me that they sort of run up to me sideways with their tails wagging so hard and both back into me then fall over to have their tummys rubbed. Its so nice to be loved. I wish I could train hubby and kids to be that appreciative!

Hmmm.....My favorite is when Maxwell huggs me with his paws on my arm, and he always has this intense look~ Like, mumma, do you REALLY know how much I love you? ( Yeah, my husband thought I was a wack job too until he saw it himself...*smile* )

I love it when Hogan Goes Potty in the morning for daddy, and the minute he hits the Door he runs full force thru the house~ My bedroom is on the other side, but I can hear him comming~ and he LEAPS into my bed for a rub and his morning hello....While Maxwell glares becouse hes to big to be on the bed...

I love when I get out of the shower in the morning and open my bathroom dorr and both fellas are waiting very patiently for their breakfast right outside...

I love it on cold winter nights, while laying in front of the fireplace...to have both my dogs snuggled behind my legs snoring, and Its fun to watch them both play with their balls, and are so carful not to take each others, I love watching my daughters each take turns giving scratches and love and now that we have two they dont fight anymore

;)

What do I love, and what makes me smile most about my dogs, that they are the most kind, most loving and most soulful animals Ive ever had....they almost remind me of horses in a way...there is something in the eyes that changes you when you meet one for the first time....
That makes me smile.......It makes me a better person, more kind, more forgiving and more in tune with the simple things that are so very important....Its not complicated, just pure. :D

I love the way Nemo claimed my shoe rack as his bed. I've now lined it with old towels for him to sleep in. My shoes go on the floor instead!

I love the way Wallis will come up beside me in bed then literally fall against me so that we can support each other while we sleep.

I love to watch Tibby sitting in the chair with Bubba. She turns over on her back and cuddles next to him to sleep.

It's so funny when he takes the girls to be groomed. I'm usually still in bed and the only time Wallis ever makes a sound (besides snoring) is when she sees a leash. Tibby is debarked and doesn't make much sound and Sasha barks. They are so excited and just love the groomer. (They were confused when Tibby was the only one to go somewhere today. I kept Wallis and Sasha with me while she left. Bubba said that she was very nervous.)

the way the increasingly long fur on his sides goes up and down when he trots, like wings flapping.

also like willow, his whole body wags when he wags his tail, that really makes me smile.

Belle gets happy when any attention is paid to her, and if she is doing something wrong and i say "Belle, stop chewing that!" or whatever, in a scolding one, she looks up with a goofy happy look, as if to say "You're talking to me!!" she is the opposite of those dogs who look guilty when they're scolded. she doesn't have a guilty bone in her body.

i love when i pat zack on the chest and his eyes close half way and he looks kind of hypnotized.

i love when zack or belle is playing by themself with a chew toy and they roll over on their back with it in their mouth and hold it with their paws, they look so blissful, cute.

I love it when Bella come up to greet me wagging her whole body and crying that i've been gone.

I love the fact that she will wait in the hallway for me to come back if i've just nipped out.

I love the way she'll cry at me if i'm taking too long to come to bed and she want to go to sleep on me.

I love the fact that she steals my pillow at night and tries to sleep on my head.

I love the snuffles that she does when she's asleep.

I love the way that she barks at dogs on TV

oo i love this one! i spend so long worrying about him i should point out the good bits.

i love it when:
he flops into my lap first thing on a morning when we have a cuppa
he greets me with great big waggy bum and prances his fron feet at me to pick him up for cuddle.
he snuggles his head in between my legs when i blow dry him.
he touches my hand when he needs to go outside
he knows who i am when my hubby says go see moma
he sits up straight and eyes wide when he knows its trainnig time
he helps unpack the shopping looking for his treat
he comes and sits next to me on pc cos he wants to see the pictures of the other cavs
he and the cat sit and sniff each others faces
he sniffs and snuggles into my face and hair
he makes happy funny noises when he plays with my son sean
he makes happy funny noises full stop!
i could go on and on.....

Back