• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Glands and SM?

Sharon 7

Sophie has enlarged glands just below her jaw. They always seem to be enlarged.
Do any of your SM dogs have this same problem. I would like to know what to do, if anything please?

Are you sure she doesn't have an infection? Izzy's, in particular, swell up if he has a bad tooth, gum problem or ear infection. I'd mention it to your vet, though the size of gland does vary from dog to dog.

All that has been checked Barbara. I think it could be what you say, that all dogs glands vary in size!

;)

No, never heard of swollen glands in an SM dog myself and Leo doesn;t have any swelling at all. Dogs have very strong jaw muscles in that area which may be what you are feeling. Does your vet also believe they are swollen? If your vet thinks they are swollen, I am sure s/he will want to find out why as this generally indicates some sort of illness.

Back