• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dirting his bed!

coconut

My mam rang me this morning to tell me that freddie had dirtied his bed the last 3 mornings, as i am in the states i cannot say y! Ma says that he is in good form and not sick, he dirtied twice before when he was unwell! Could he be missing us or is it an under lying problem??

My ma has being feeding him at 5 and toilets a good few times before bed at around 10 or after!! She said that he was crying the other morning at 6 so she got up to him and when she got to him he had already dirtied himself!!

Greatful for any advice!! Hope be a great help as i am so far away!

Thanks

How old is Freddie? He might need an early morning let out for the toilet. Like around 4am maybe. If they are still pups it might be that he cant hold it for all night. And try feeding later at night like 6- 6.30pm. I find if I feed at that time my dogs dont have a problem all night. They get let out at 6.30- 7 am. Hope that helps.

I'd actually give him his last meal around 4pm or so and have her be sure he does a poop before bedtime.

Part of this could be a bit of upset at being on his own with you gone but I'd be wondering if she is feeding him a lot more and maybe giving a 'few' treats leading up to bedtime and not really counting this as feeding him -- hence his bowels are very full and he cannot hold it... in my experience, mothers tend to be guilty of both these things with cavaliers. :lol:

i have told her not to give him anything else and i think she is sticking to it as she cannot understand y he is doing it!! i was talking to her today and he has done it again today!! she is giving him his last feed at 5 should she give it to him earlier!! she let him out last night at 12 and he was still dirtied at 7 this morning!

know it probably isnt this but she hasnt changed his food at all has she? jad did this for a while till we realised he was intolerant to his food so switched back to his origional. fine in the day but a build up over the day meant he soiled at night. know you said she was sticking to it so prob not this, but just a thought. know what you are going through and am sure you will sort it out. :flwr:

Back