• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oversized Lookout II

Does anyone have the Oversized Lookout II? How does it work for your dogs? Is there room for two in a rear seat? I am looking for the best way to travel (5-6 hour trips) with our two Cavaliers. One is about 16 lbs. and one is larger at about 22lbs. :drivecar:

Are these comfortable for longer trips? Does anyone have something else that works really well?

Any input would be great. I want them to be safe and comfortable while also protecting the seat from hair and claws. :? :D

Sorry, Becki, but I'm not familiar with those kind of things. Maybe someone else will have an idea......... 8)

We have the Oversized Lookout 2 and we LOVE it !! However ..i dont think its big enough for 2 dogs that size . Colby is 18 lbs and its perfect for him and 2 of my chihuahua's . The seat is only rated for dogs up to 30 lbs .

You could do a regular and a oversized .or possibly a My Buddy ;)

That's what we have and it's perfect for Pixie...she's about 16-17 pounds. She likes to lay down in it. But I think it's too small for 2.

Vac1.jpg

Lookout.jpg

I have the "My Buddy Lookout" and all three of my girls can ride in it . I bought mine from www.jbpet.com. It fits fine in the back seat but leaves room for only one passenger. It has a little drawer underneath so you can stow your leashes, toys, treats, etc. I love it!
JaneB

These look just like fabric dog beds with the base raised. Is the dog secured in them ? If not, I'd go for a crate with nice bedding.

Oh no , they are much different. They are made from a high density foam and are covered in various fabrics. Yes the dogs are secured . The seat goes in and the carseat strap pulls through the seat and connects as usual. The carseat comes with a black nylon strap that buckles around the seatbelt ( which is holding the carseat in the car ) and then attaches to your dogs harness ;)

All of my Lookouts are on sale right now too !! ( Cheaper than JB ;) )
http://www.tiabellas.com/boutique/car-seats-c-29.html?osCsid=5bddfafcf983a5ecd5d6eb307d980e00

We had the single lookout for Jake when he was a puppy and we loved it! He'd lay in there and just mellow out for the ride. But then he wouldn't stop growing!! :roll:

Sally - Pixie looks adorable in hers...so content!!

Thanks all for your replies- I really like the idea of the Lookouts because we do go on long trips often and I want them to be comfortable.

Sally-- your little Pixie is so cute! :flwr: What great pics! Would two of those seats fit in the back of an SUV?

Jane-- I really like the idea of the My Buddy as they are used to cuddling up together and I don't know how they would like being split up (even if the seats were next to each other.) With harnesses attached can your girls lie down comfortably? :drivecar:

I noticed that Roxanne had them on sale at really great prices and this has prompted me to make a decision before they go off sale! I love that they can be monogrammed - too cute!

Thank you all for your input! :D

wow---i had been wondering about these too so that's great to get all the details.

handy timing too with the sales :D

those dog seats look great---funny how our pets end up with a more comfortable car journey than we do :lol:

k

Back