Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wesley might get a big sister!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh congrats and keep us posted. I agree with a general vet check up to make sure everything is in order. Why cant she keep the pup out of curiousity?
    Jasmine, mommy to Ellie (tri girl), Griffin, Hunter, & Dexter (kitties)

Ellie is here!!!!

http://elliethecavalier.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so we made the ultimate decision that it wouldn't be the best idea for us. As we are still working on potty training Wesley, we don't want to take on the task of having two that need to be potty trained.

This whole time I've been wanting an older rescue Cavalier. Preferably 2-5 years. I don't really want to stray from my first goal.

So anyway, I've told her we can't do it. But I actually do have a friend that I've gotten interested in Cav's and I'd refer her to her if she wanted me to.

Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and she was getting rid of her because she doesn't give her the time she needs during the day. She pretty much saw the puppy in the window and went for it, realizing later it wasn't a good idea.

As far as how we got in contact, I had made a post on craigslist that I was looking for an older Cavalier to home, in case any owners had found they couldn't keep theirs for some reason. I made the post because I had just missed out on a perfect 2 year old tri girl that was just posted on there. Yet the owner must've picked first come first serve. Where she should've (in my opinion) let the e-mails come in and sort through to find the best. She only had a $200 fee. I feel had she waited, she would've seen mine.

So, I figured in order to not miss out in the future, I'd put myself out there first. That's when I came into contact with the girl with the 7 month old that has been going back and forth about keeping her and wanting a good home for her.

My husband just has no patience to have to potty train two puppies. Which is again, why I wanted an older Cav. Wes just needs a buddy!
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!