Thread: Magic Music? Pet Music CDs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Magic Music? Pet Music CDs

I work from home and struggle to get Lucky to calm down so I can work

I am home ... he wants to play!!! Especially first thing in the morning ... It'll be better once the weather gets nicer because then I'll do a Looooong mornign walk to wear him out!!

I was at the Super Pet Expo this weekend and picked up a couple of Pet Music CD's - Lucky and I are listening to the sampler now, and WOW!! It has really calmed him down. It's meant to have no real high or low notes, there are some nature sounds mixed in and he's just sitting down chilling!!

Anyway, it is making me want to chill too (the guy said do NOT play it in the car ...). The verdict is still out, this just day 1, but I thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested. IF you have the CD's yourself, I'm definitely intersted in your experience too ... does it really work long term?

http://www.petmusic.com/
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm...I would love to know more about this! I have tried to set my tv to the orchestra channel while I am away to help calm them down, but I find that the music goes back and forth between really powerful booming symphonies, to soft and sweet ones. It would be nice to put this on repeat during the day.
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

I listened to the samples and thot how much some of them remind me of a Cd I have which causes the dogs to have a very relaxed demeanor. The Cd I have is Wolves ( the soundtrack for the Imax movie)-it does not seem to have any highs or lows, has regular beat, some soft flute sounds. Guess the furkids know the best stress releaving music
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There's a CD of lullabies that are considered good for dogs too -- calming to any animal actually. Used in rescue shelters; the regular bkland rhythms of the songs are said to be close to a heartbeat and thus calming.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, I have the Canine Lullabies CD, and it zonks the dogs (and me!) out:
    http://www.caninelullabies.com/
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)