• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Passed away: Jesse:(very active!) 11 year old tri cavalier

Still looking for a home. Here is Jessie's official listing:

Jessie is a tricolour neutered male Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who would put many younger dogs to shame and have them feeling guilty about their unused gym memberships! Though he is an 11 year old gentleman, he takes a daily walk of at least 2 miles with his owner and his vet says that he should have a good few active years to look forward to yet. He has just had a vet check and has a slight heart murmur -- normal in CKCS and many small breed dogs at this age -- but it is mild and needs no medication. He is going to have his teeth descaled before he goes to his new home as well but the vet says that's all he needs -- he is up to date on his vaccinations, has been groomed every three months all his life, loves kids and is happy with other dogs, sleeps politely in the kitchen in his dog bed every night, and is in all ways a model senior.

So why is he being rehomed? Only with great regret -- but his owners' latest grandchild has severe asthma to such a degree that at only 7 months old, she has already had to be hospitalised several times due to breathing difficulties. The doctor has said she absolutely cannot be around a dog in the home and as she goes to her grandmother's regularly to be minded, Jessie needs a new home. They have not been able to find any other way to work around this.

His owner, the grandmother, is a very active walker and takes him out for at least a two mile brisk walk daily which he enjoys. She says he is also a very lively, active, friendly dog who enjoys children and people generally: a model cavalier!

Jessie will be homed subject to a homecheck and will need an indoor home for his retirement years -- and hopefully, an owner who enjoys walks!

I hope that Jesse gets a new home soon I will keep watching with :xfngr: Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Jessie will be going to a LOVELY man who has been talking to me for a while about taking a harder to home dog. :jump:

I am very glad that Jesse has found a home. There is something special about the oldies.

I'm so pleased. This one, being Monty's age and just as spry, has played on my mind.

Would his new dad let us have a photo of him ?

It will be a week or so before he takes him; hopefully we can get him to add a photo to the forum. :)

It is with deep sadness that I have to announce that Jessie was pts this afternoon by his wonderful, heartbroken owner.

His hind legs had given out and he was in a lot of pain. The owner felt he would not want to put such an elderly cavalier through any procedures (he is the son of a vet).

Before taking Jessie, his owner had been in touch with me about taking an older cavalier. At the time I had about 3-4 cavaliers in rescue at once. He asked: "Which is the most in need and which would be hardest for you to home?" I said Jessie, because of his age. He said: "Then Jessie it is!" And that is how these two sweet gentlemen met. :)

His owner sent me the most wonderful email 'from Jessie' telling me all about his new life which involved nightly walks, boating trips, travel, and visits to family, where he was regularly snuck chicken and other delights by mothers and aunts.

He had the run of his owner's house (he arrived from his previous owner with a piece of dirty carpet which he was told was what Jessie would lie on 'when allowed in the sitting room'. "That will be the first thing I will burn!" his new owner told me. He also told me however that Jessie could clear a room with his gas. :lol:

I was supposed to go visit the two of them and hadn't got back to them, and then got this sad, sad call today. He was in tears.

I told his owner that I knew he would make the right decision for Jessie and fully supported him in the road he would choose to take and that I knew Jessie had had one hell of a life with him.

I told him when if and when he was ready, I would gladly home ANY cavalier to him, this wonderful, wonderful man.

Spare a thought and a prayer for Jessie, and to his owner, who is suffering the loss of his much loved companion this evening. :flwr:

Oh how incredibly sad! What a truly wonderful person to take on this lad and to do the right thing by him when needed to. He is in my thoughts tonight :flwr:

Oh I am so sorry Jessie and his new owner did not have longer together
Aileen and the gang (Barney ---Jazzie---Sam)

Back