• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Park Rules

enchantingdragon

Does anyone know if any dogs can use any dog parks or do you need to be registered in that township or county or what? I would love to set up the NJ meet up in a dog park if we could but I dont know what the rules are for this kind of stuff. I saw other meetups meet in buildings but does that mean you need to rent a space out? Not sure what would best and what would be the most doable.

I think it varies - I am pretty sure in Overpeck Park (near me) the dog park is open to anyone. It's technically a Bergen County park, but I've met people there who even live in NYC.

That said, provided the dog parks are open access, it would be good to see if there is one with a small dog dog park. The one near me has a lot of larger dogs and not all the owners are that great at ensuring their dogs don't cause trouble

In my county, anyone can use the park, as long as it is a public park and is not privately owned. If it is public, that means you pay for it with your taxes!! :lol: Sometimes there is a public calendar and you can see what events are scheduled, other times it is first come, first serve. Good luck! (y)

Well I heard that there is a very good park by me called Thompson Park and its gotten lots of good reviews from a lot of my husband's co-workers who have dogs. I heard they have a small dog park section too which would be ideal. When I get Ellie Ill take a swing by and check it out as well as find out if its accessible to everyone. From what I know it is at least open to all county residents. If it works out and it is accessible and has a small dog area this might be a good first meet up unless other people have a better suggestion.

Back