Thread: Not quite a cavalier...but in need!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not quite a cavalier...but in need!

Feel free to move this to Dog and Bone pub, but he is a rescue so here it goes...

This poor little guy is a lhasa and is in need of a forever home. He is currently in a long term foster (over a year) and the "Rescue group" he is with has deemed him "unadoptable" because of two failed placements. He has a mild biting issue and needs to go to an experienced lhasa/shih tzu home who is patient, consistant and firm. By mild, I mean he has biten 4 times in the past year and is responding to the wonderful foster mom's training.

The problem is, is that they want to euthanize the dog and are threatening to sue the foster mom because she refuses to give him up. She volunteered to adopt him, but the group is claiming she has too many pets!!!!!!

I don't know of any shih tzu/lhasa that has never bitten or had an attitude problem...don't get me started on this supposed rescue...Won't name names or go into more details, but geeesh. Please PM me if you want more info.

I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We sometimes make exceptions and we will for this man. Perhaps the woman fostering him could pass him to a breed rescue group on the sly as well... or discuss him with one, in order to get him better placed. I would also suggest someone get him temperament tested to asess the degree of bitiness here.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Karlin!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my... I am so glad Karlin made an exception... I just love that second photo... I am sure with lots of love, training and attention this little guy will be a wonderful pet!
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)