• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How come

enchantingdragon

Cavaliers dont break up their group in the partis and whole colors like Cocker Spaniels, Bull Terriers, English Toy Spaniels, etc do? Lots of breeds do it whether it be color based or size or fur type. Why dont Cavaliers? That way we could see both partis and wholes together in the ring. Is it because the Cavalier is so new to the AKC club? Anyone know Im just curious thats all ;)

Maybe they do at the Cavalier Specialty shows like the nationals. Or maybe CKCS-USA does. I know I've heard of it before.

I was wondering the same thing...I noticed at the Westminister Dog show that there were only blenhiems and tris being shown. I have never actually seen a sold color make it past best of breed in the national shows...Reasoning??

Over here, some of the cavalier only shows have separate classes. A judge, over here, who likes her whole colours, though she has particolours too, says many judges don't know what to look for in wholes and that's why they don't get as many places (not just because there are more particolours).

Ellie's Mommy said:
Cavaliers dont break up their group in the partis and whole colors like Cocker Spaniels, Bull Terriers, English Toy Spaniels, etc do? Lots of breeds do it whether it be color based or size or fur type. Why dont Cavaliers? That way we could see both partis and wholes together in the ring. Is it because the Cavalier is so new to the AKC club? Anyone know Im just curious thats all ;)

Charlies used to be classed as 4 seperate breeds. Now in the US they are shown as 2 seperate breeds ( not in the uk) maybe because cavs were so few in number (& that it was a stupid idea to have two BOBs ) they never adopted the practice

Back