• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ode to Ms Lillington.

Claire L

Karlin, as puppies we had terrible lives;
we were forced to be teenage mothers and wives.
We’ll always love humans but it’s very hard,
(when we’re made to suckle in a breeder’s back yard)
to wag our tails and not be afraid,
when rough men give orders that must be obeyed.

You heard of our plight and it touched your big heart,
so you sent in the cavalry – now that was a start.
Then you found us a mommy who’d lost her wee love,
asking for answers from heaven above.
Well, she feeds us, she walks us, she cleans out our ears,
now my sister and I are losing our fears.

We yap to the neighbours (and their doggies too),
but Karlin, without you it wouldn’t be true.
You give up your time and you do it for free,
to rescue poor wretches like Minnie and me.
Thank you for caring, what more can we say?
Except to send love on St. Valentine’s day.

With gratitude from Cara and Minnie-moo Lindsay. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:
[/b]

Wow, what a beautiful poem Claire!

I'd like to jump on the band wagon and say a big thank you to Karlin from Molly & Bella and me of course :flwr:

I'm welling up! That was so sweet.

Thank you to Karlin from me too for opening up this forum of advice and friends. We really apreciate all you do :flwr:

Yes I would also like to jump on the band wagon to say thank you from Sam and me has well because with out you we donnot know what might have happen to him -----Aileen and the gang ( Jazzie----Barney---Sam)

What a wonderful ode :flwr: Keep up the good work Karlin, so thet more precious doggies can be saved the Cara and Minnie moo poo.

Claire that was wonderful! So glad that you have your girls! :flwr: :D

Karlin, an international thank you for all that you do for the breed from Spencer, Izzy and Tilly! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Claire - that was beautiful!!! With the little bit of rescue I do and how much time it takes I can really really appreciate what Karlin and her network does.....takes a really big heart!

Karlin: Let me chime in and say thanks to you for how wonderfully managed this Board is. It is the best I have been on. Also, thanks for all you do to educate us all and to go above and beyond to rescue those you can. (y) (y)

Claire: Thanks to you as well for opening your home and your heart to Cara and Minnie Moo. :luv: And thanks to Rudee for showing you the way. *ng*l

*Pauline* said:
I'm welling up! That was so sweet.

Couldn't have said it better myself Pauline!

I need a tissue! That was great Claire - you should write poems for childrens books and stuff.. you're very talented. :flwr:

great poem!!!

I always find myself saying to my mam "karlin said to do this..." Karlin said to do that" you really are a great help thanks :flwr:

Great poem Claire! :flwr: :flwr:

What would these little angels do without the rescue folks?? :)

what a lovely poem ... I'm getting all teary eyed too ...

Thank you Karlin for everything you do but especially for bringing Minnie-Moo and Cara to their new loving mummy Claire!! :flwr:

Great ode to a wonderful person, Claire. You must have a gift for that sort of thing.

And Karlin, I'd like to add that things have changed so much for me personally since I've been a member of this board - which wouldn't be possible if you hadn't started it. It takes a very special person to do all the things that you do.

icon_blshing :thnx:

I am so sorry I didn't get a chance to read this lovely thread and my personal ode :lol: and say thanks to Claire and all of YOU for making this board work (the membership IS the board!). It is a pleasure to make it available to all of you and I am really looking forward to shortly offering even more features. :) Due to working on the latter, I have not been reading many threads here and thus missed my own ode til now!

And a very special thanks to all those who have opened doors and hearts to rescues -- as fosters, as rescue coordinators, as donaters of funds, as drivers when a dog needs to get from A to B, and especially in giving them homes. :flwr:

People here continually amaze me, on a personal level with my own small rescue -- first off so many internationally have helped with funds that have enabled me to help dogs in some new ways; then, so many have stepped forward to transport, foster, and home my Irish rescues. There's no greater pleasure than to see you all post pictures of your fosters newly bathed and trimmed (Ms Brid is particularly enthusiastic and adept at this! :lol:) or sleeping on a couch in their new home when only days before they were bedraggled dogs in a pound, abandoned in a kennel, or found running through traffic, or living with a distraught owner needing to find a new home and worried this could not be done.

I haven't had to say no to a cavalier in need yet, and that's due to all of you. :)

Back