Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: digital cameras???

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Canon girl. Right now I have the Rebel XTi and the PowerShot SD700 IS. I love, love, love the XTi. I've gotten some great photos of Spencer and the cats but have found I've spent more money on lenses than I did on the camera! If you're looking for a point and shoot I'd definitely recommend getting one with image stabilization- you can really tell a difference, especially with shots in low light.

A great site to help you research and narrow things down is www.dpreview.com.
    Spencer and his mom, Whitney

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a couple of canon cameras. They're popular for good reason!

Spencer's Mom: lenses are way more expensive than the camera itself, after all, crap glass on a good camera is just a waste!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all your replies!!

Cicero's Mummy that canon camera is brilliant and what a great price 2.i dont think they ship 2 the uk so i cant buy it.

im defo going 2 get a canon though as you all say they are very good ill just keep looking and when i see a good deal for a canon ill get one.i just hope i can hang on that long
    Kim xx
    Nina-Tri Colour Girl * Joey-Black & Tan Boy * Phoebe-Blenheim Girl * Holly-Ruby Girl *
    Kira-Black & Tan Girl * Lewi-Black & Tan Charley Boy * Ella-Tri Colour Girl

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a couple of canon cameras. They're popular for good reason!

Spencer's Mom: lenses are way more expensive than the camera itself, after all, crap glass on a good camera is just a waste!

Post Thanks / Like

I started out with a real cheap-o camera that I bought on eBay - one each for my daughter and myself. The digitals were just getting a start then (Zoe was a baby so it was almost 9 years ago) so we weren't sure that we'd really use them.

We upgraded to a Kodak that had a few more features, including zoom. Mine broke, I think hers did too.

She followed that with a Canon and I went with a Sony. I lusted after a Pentax for a long time then ended up with a Canon, since we have two Canon film cameras and we could swap lenses. My Sony is still a nice camera and I still use it sometimes. I think that the pix in my avatar were taken with it. I can fit either in my purse - just depends on how heavy I can handle it being! (Very flexible purse - I once put a large sized styrofoam container of chicken wings in it and got it zipped too!)

Obviously the Canon is the camera of choice among Cavalier people!!
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

I started out with a real cheap-o camera that I bought on eBay - one each for my daughter and myself. The digitals were just getting a start then (Zoe was a baby so it was almost 9 years ago) so we weren't sure that we'd really use them.

We upgraded to a Kodak that had a few more features, including zoom. Mine broke, I think hers did too.

She followed that with a Canon and I went with a Sony. I lusted after a Pentax for a long time then ended up with a Canon, since we have two Canon film cameras and we could swap lenses. My Sony is still a nice camera and I still use it sometimes. I think that the pix in my avatar were taken with it. I can fit either in my purse - just depends on how heavy I can handle it being! (Very flexible purse - I once put a large sized styrofoam container of chicken wings in it and got it zipped too!)

Critter -

Post Thanks / Like

Critter -

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Be careful if you are buying a camera from abroad - the warranty will only be for the country you are purchasing from, so this could cause you problems if anything goes wrong...however with the dollar so low against the pound, you may have to weigh this up in your decision, if it's much cheaper.

Also if you import goods in to the UK, you can be hit with import duties and customs charges, worth checking out with the Inland Revenue first...

Have a read through this thread too

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/v...ighlight=canon
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

hi kim---my hubby has a great digital camera but i'm not sure where it is so i will update hopefully later this evening...

however, in addition to posting here, you can also google 'digital camera reviews' or google reviews for the types of cameras you are thinking about and it will pull up some helpful websites. you might even be able to find comparisons of 2 or three similar cameras. just be creative with your googling. i use this with lots of products and find it works really well.

that's how hubby found his. good luck!

k
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Cannon SD600 Digital Elph---Best Buy has them on sale this week for $225.

I just got it a few days ago and love it!!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)