• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We're getting a new puppy in 4 weeks! Woo Hoo!!!!

Terri Voltz

Check out this cutie! We have mourned our Rudy's passing for the past 25 days ..and now are READY for a new baby. Thinking of names! Suggestions welcome. (Marley, Tucker, Cooper, Bailey ??)
390837546_69f0cf0b49_m.jpg
390837548_f60de8c9bd_m.jpg

What cute babies. Are you getting a boy or a girl?

I'm not good with names unless I actually meet the animal. I'm one of those goofy people who have to let the animal tell me what its name is. :D

That is a beautiful pup. He/she has really rich brown markings.

Good luck with your new baby :flwr:

so sorry to hear about Rudy :( ..but Congrats on the new puppy who by the way is sooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous! how old is he at the moment? Out of the 4 names you suggested i like Bailey best :p

What a beautiful baby Terri. I am so happy for you and Rudy is smiling down on you now giving this new sweet baby a home. I like all 4 of those names..you will know what his name is when he is in your hands. Congrats.

Congrats Terri, I love all those names :flwr:

I'm sure Rudy is looking down on you willing you to be that pup's new Mamma xxxxx

Congrats. I know that the new baby will begin to heal your heart.
I like Bailey the best out of the 4.
I assume it is a boy?
Other ideas for names would be...
Daniel
Jacob
Tyler
Dylan
Caleb
Liam
Benson
Bentley

Good luck! Pam

I'm so sorry to hear about Rudy :( Your new baby will help heal your heart .congratulations !!

I like Marley for a girl . I like Tucker for a boy ;)

The new baby is a boy

Should have mentioned that?? WOW! I am so truly excited. Just the anticipation is helping fill the emptiness that Rudy had filled. We spent all day Sunday, visiting 3 reputable breeders, all coming highly recommended, and chose this one who was wonderful. All 6 of her dogs live with her in the house, and they all display a high level of care, both in their grooming/cleanliness as well as their obvious contentment and sometimes downright JOY. The puppies are home raised as well. This little guy just stood out from his littermates to both Tim and I. His red on his coat is already deep red, which we loved. Also, we had looked seriously at getting another Ruby, but the one that was available was the SPITTIN' IMAGE of Rudy....from the markings on his chest and chin to the shape of the head, face and eyes. Although that has it's good points and it's not so good points, it would be as though he was "Rudy-too" and that would have had too many emotional implications. So we chose this Blenheim that has a mostly red back, and the narrow white between the eyes...so in some ways is like a Ruby with LOTSA white. We are going to love the dickins out of him! I've really enjoyed reading all the posts about housetraining and such...and have gotten a wealth of info. I'm so glad this site is here! I'm amazed at the number of people around the world (YOU!) that are so deeply INTO IT. Charlene, I LOVE the name JOLLY! How cute is that...he looks like a mischevious little guy, full of fun and jolliness. And Pam, I also like Dylan and Liam. I'm drawn to names that end in EY (Charlie, Bailey, Marley etc) because they're cutesy names, and this little guy is adorable. But Critter, you're right...a person almost needs to be with the pup for a while and see what FITS. (Your ruby is GORGEOUS...I love that little look of "PLAY WITH ME" that he seems to have in his eyes. Rudy used to grab a toy, stand there and wag his tail, with that LOOK, and OH NO...not play fetch...he wanted me to chase HIM all through house for no end of time. (I'd finally get dizzy from chasing him around and around) Anyway-later all, I'll be back! Terri :D

So happy for you Terri. A new puppy is the best medicine when you're grieving :flwr:

Oh Terri....this is such exciting news!! I think you've done well in your choice. I can see not wanting to "replace" Rudy but instead you will be honoring Rudy! Can't wait to watch this relationship develop. Congratulations!!

Not trying to sound "preachy" but I learned long ago that it is often a bad idea to replace a dog you have lost with one just like it. That leads to comparisons and the new dog will usually come up lacking. It's great that you can stay within the breed yet go with another color. There will still be a bit of comparing, I don't think we can help that, but it will be very obvious that this dog isn't Rudy.

Congrats and enjoy!!

So sorry to hear about loosing your other dog. I was recently there and when we got kodee it really helped to be able to enjoy the things dogs do best! It still makes me miss jessie's own personality but I also enjoy the new puppies development and her own personality. YOUR gonna have a ball with ... is it a her/him?

I hope this beautiful puppy will help with your heartache of losing rudy.
I know with losing a dog it does help getting another you never, never forget the dog you lost and loved very much, but the loneliness is to much to bear. Your new puppy is so beautiful.
I like the name Rusty.
judy

Hi there Terri! I am so sorry to hear about your dear Rudy. Your new puppy is beautiful, and he will help mend your broken heart I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your new boy!

:flwr:

Back