Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're getting a new puppy in 4 weeks! Woo Hoo!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Im so sorry for your loss and hope this new baby can mend your heart

Is it a boy or girl?
    Jasmine, mommy to Ellie (tri girl), Griffin, Hunter, & Dexter (kitties)

Ellie is here!!!!

http://elliethecavalier.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Default The new baby is a boy

Should have mentioned that?? WOW! I am so truly excited. Just the anticipation is helping fill the emptiness that Rudy had filled. We spent all day Sunday, visiting 3 reputable breeders, all coming highly recommended, and chose this one who was wonderful. All 6 of her dogs live with her in the house, and they all display a high level of care, both in their grooming/cleanliness as well as their obvious contentment and sometimes downright JOY. The puppies are home raised as well. This little guy just stood out from his littermates to both Tim and I. His red on his coat is already deep red, which we loved. Also, we had looked seriously at getting another Ruby, but the one that was available was the SPITTIN' IMAGE of Rudy....from the markings on his chest and chin to the shape of the head, face and eyes. Although that has it's good points and it's not so good points, it would be as though he was "Rudy-too" and that would have had too many emotional implications. So we chose this Blenheim that has a mostly red back, and the narrow white between the eyes...so in some ways is like a Ruby with LOTSA white. We are going to love the dickins out of him! I've really enjoyed reading all the posts about housetraining and such...and have gotten a wealth of info. I'm so glad this site is here! I'm amazed at the number of people around the world (YOU!) that are so deeply INTO IT. Charlene, I LOVE the name JOLLY! How cute is that...he looks like a mischevious little guy, full of fun and jolliness. And Pam, I also like Dylan and Liam. I'm drawn to names that end in EY (Charlie, Bailey, Marley etc) because they're cutesy names, and this little guy is adorable. But Critter, you're right...a person almost needs to be with the pup for a while and see what FITS. (Your ruby is GORGEOUS...I love that little look of "PLAY WITH ME" that he seems to have in his eyes. Rudy used to grab a toy, stand there and wag his tail, with that LOOK, and OH NO...not play fetch...he wanted me to chase HIM all through house for no end of time. (I'd finally get dizzy from chasing him around and around) Anyway-later all, I'll be back! Terri

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for you Terri. A new puppy is the best medicine when you're grieving
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Terri! He is so handsome!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Terri....this is such exciting news!! I think you've done well in your choice. I can see not wanting to "replace" Rudy but instead you will be honoring Rudy! Can't wait to watch this relationship develop. Congratulations!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to sound "preachy" but I learned long ago that it is often a bad idea to replace a dog you have lost with one just like it. That leads to comparisons and the new dog will usually come up lacking. It's great that you can stay within the breed yet go with another color. There will still be a bit of comparing, I don't think we can help that, but it will be very obvious that this dog isn't Rudy.

Congrats and enjoy!!
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about loosing your other dog. I was recently there and when we got kodee it really helped to be able to enjoy the things dogs do best! It still makes me miss jessie's own personality but I also enjoy the new puppies development and her own personality. YOUR gonna have a ball with ... is it a her/him?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Rudy
    Beautiful pup, congratulations
    Sunna & the dogs:
    Fjalar (8 years old tricolour boy)
    Mirra (5 years old blenheim girl)
    Molder (black & tan) - beautiful angel waiting at the Rainbow~Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this beautiful puppy will help with your heartache of losing rudy.
    I know with losing a dog it does help getting another you never, never forget the dog you lost and loved very much, but the loneliness is to much to bear. Your new puppy is so beautiful.
    I like the name Rusty.
    judy

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Terri! I am so sorry to hear about your dear Rudy. Your new puppy is beautiful, and he will help mend your broken heart I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your new boy!

~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.