• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ugh -- the 'professional' pet industry

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
This is the notice up from the auctioneer for an upcoming auction in Missouri. I have removed the name of the individual who ran the kennels and the kennel -- the dogs are being auctioned because she is deceased.

Yeah, I just BET a kennel with 500 dogs was owned by someone who was 'a conscientious breeder'. Makes me ill:

AUCTIONEER'S STATEMENT: The professional pet industry will
feel the loss
of XXXX of XXX Kennels. XXX has a reputation of
raising
> excellent quality dogs. She has been a conscientious breeder and
it shows
in these dogs. Over 500 dogs and puppies will be sold at this
auction. You do
> not want to miss this two tent sale on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2007!
MR XYZ, Auctioneer

:x :x Hopefully some of these 500, which includes pregnant bitches and mothers with pups, will come into rescue. :xfngr:

500 I hope they get good homes if she was conscietious how come so many ----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

That just makes me sick. How could a "conscientious" breeder ever care for 500 dogs. :x

The "statement" by the vet is so frustrating to me. We trust these professionals to want the best for our creatures.

Ruby and Sydney here,

Sydney and I always cry when we read stories about people like this. :cry*ing: 25 dogs would be too many, 500 should be a felony punishable by time in the same pen they kept their dogs in. But sadly, these types of breeders continue to pop up despite your best efforts to stop them. :bang: However, whenever we think that maybe humans don't deserve our canine company and affection of any type, we are cheered by the humans like Karlin and the other Cavalier owners on this web site who continue to be our guardian angels and have nothing but our best interests at heart. (y) Sometimes we dogs find ourselves in positions where we can't save ourselves and its at those moments we count on you to speak for us. Shame on breeders like this but a hearty thank you for people like you.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

I don't understand how anyone could own 500 dogs and think that they are being humane or ethical!!

People like this boggle my mind! I hope they all get good homes!

I hope that they all find wonderful loving homes like they deserve

Is it all kinds of dogs or just Cavaliers do you know? Are LuckyStar and other rescues planning on going to the auctions?

The "statement" by the vet is so frustrating to me. We trust these professionals to want the best for our creatures.

I also find this very annoying! The statements make it sound like they are doing this without any choice and it's just breaking them up to have to sell off their dogs. There is no way on God's green earth they could have formed a bond of any sort with 500 dogs!! :yikes

Ellie's mom...you would be appalled at the list of animals for sale. Practically every breed is listed. It's just sickening!

Hopefully the dogs had enough & ate her one day , Oh sorry did I say that out loud :badgrin:

oh those poor poor dogs........

i'm with you AT..... i hope that some of them have a brighter future waiting than the horrible situation they must be coming from. :yuk:

Ruby here,

My parents have already contacted the Cavalier King Charles Cavalier Club Rescue coordinator for Missouri to let them know about this auction and see if they can help. Short notice and not sure they can arrange fosters in time. In addition to just about every breed imaginable, the auction site lists, get ready for this,

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels -

27 Females - 4 born in 2006, 3 born in 2005, 3 born in ‘04, 2 in ‘03, 4 in ‘02, 6 in ‘01, 2 ‘00, 3 ‘99,

3 Males - 2 ‘03, 1 ‘02

The web site also lists another auction on March 3rd, also in Missouri. This breeder is selling over 350 dogs and includes:

8 Females - 4 in ’04, 1 in ’03, 1 in ’01,
5 Males - 1 in ’05, 2 in ’04, 2 in ’02

You can see why Sydney and I are a little dpressed. Sad but true. The puppy mill business is evidently still strong.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

I sent LS info on this auction over a month ago. We'll have a few "bidders" there, along with additional support. Of course, it's having the MONEY to bid with that will determine how many cavaliers we get.

Back