Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair styles... for women

Post Thanks / Like

Default hair styles... for women

hi

going to take the plunge & get my long locks chopped of tomorrow. I have a rough idea as to how i'd like it but wondered if anyone knew of any online sites which have any recent hairstyles??

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow that's a big step! I got mine cut fairly short from longish hair way back in my 20s and the haircutter couldn;t believe I wanted to cut it; but I really liked it short. Now I've had it long for a few years and very long the past 2 or so -- can't decide whether to cut it. Maybe to shoulder length though I like it just below the ears as well.

Don't know any sites that would help though. What are you thinking of doing?
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lol.. just did the same... I'm in my 20's so I went for the look of Heidi (from MTV's The Hills). Actually my length is half way between Lauren and Heidi's with Heidi's layers and volume....

All I can think of is to go to a celeb website that is recent or go to tvguide.com and look at the runway and premeir shots... should give you an idea... (and TMZ.com is always a guilty pleasure of mine). I get most of my hairstyle ideas from watching TV...

ps. I always thought that Elliot on Scrubs had a cute little short haircut for awhile... she has great hair.

totally don't hate dr cox... he's my fave... just the website i got the photo from.
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my hair in a basic "bob" for a long time now. It seems to be the most flattering looks for me and easy to take care of. I have baby fine, totally straight hair and will probably never do a perm again. Right now mine is a bit on the short side, but I just had it cut and colored last week. I usually keep it just below chin length - any longer and it gets really flat.

I love "Elliot's" hair but my hair doesn't have enough natural "oomph" for that. And I'm way too old for long hair again.
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

thanks yeah i like the 1st pic alot... in my job if its past shoulder lenght then i have to wear it back.... i've had a pony tail for works for years & am so bored with it. I have no frindge so i'm gonna get a side frindge put in today aswell so that will make a big difference. I have some hair mags but they are all the same..... i just want a simple but nice style i can quickly straighten though i always end up flicking one side behind one ear just habit as i cant stand the feeling of to much hair on my face....

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.beautifulhairstyles.com/short/razor.html

quite like this one but my hairs brown so not so sure if it would stand out??

Post Thanks / Like

That one is totally cute...

As for umph and volume... find a good root booster (may I suggest Redkin... works great for my flat hair). Apply when hair is wet to roots (part hair and spray directly to scalp - make sure you get the foam) do this in about 3 or 4 sections and then masage into scalp/roots. When you blowdry (if your hair lays flat), use a round brush and blowdry your hair up... pulling away from the scalp... or turn your head upside down if you tend to pull down... blowdrying has a lot to do with volume. If you blowdry straight or flat, there is no getting your hair any other way! Just a tip!
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

I like that last one, it's really nice and also quite modern

I had my long hair all cut off a few years ago as I had to have it tied up for work all day long and it was too much hassle every day. I now keep it really short but have just had a body perm for oomph - no curls though

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

I really really like the style of the link you posted.

I am also going to get my hairdresser tommorow, need a treat.

I already have shoulder length hair, but my roots are like 2 inches I sent that link to my hubby to ask if he thought I would suit it.

I get my hair coloured Red with lots of copper highlights.
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

i like that hair style you put up totally off the topic, i love that website you put up just admring all the prom hair do's i can't believe all those prom magazines we had nothing like that in the uk. And i had a peek at the wedding hair styles, i'll be buying the wedding magazines next i think i am turning into one of those crazy women were not even engaged yet. I hinted and he went a funny colour.
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old