• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

hair styles... for women

lily

hi

going to take the plunge & get my long locks chopped of tomorrow. I have a rough idea as to how i'd like it but wondered if anyone knew of any online sites which have any recent hairstyles??

Wow that's a big step! I got mine cut fairly short from longish hair way back in my 20s and the haircutter couldn;t believe I wanted to cut it; but I really liked it short. Now I've had it long for a few years and very long the past 2 or so -- can't decide whether to cut it. Maybe to shoulder length though I like it just below the ears as well.

Don't know any sites that would help though. What are you thinking of doing?

Lol.. just did the same... I'm in my 20's so I went for the look of Heidi (from MTV's The Hills). Actually my length is half way between Lauren and Heidi's with Heidi's layers and volume....

All I can think of is to go to a celeb website that is recent or go to tvguide.com and look at the runway and premeir shots... should give you an idea... (and TMZ.com is always a guilty pleasure of mine). I get most of my hairstyle ideas from watching TV...

ps. I always thought that Elliot on Scrubs had a cute little short haircut for awhile... she has great hair.

elliot-reid.jpg
totally don't hate dr cox... he's my fave... just the website i got the photo from.
sarah-chalke.jpg

I've had my hair in a basic "bob" for a long time now. It seems to be the most flattering looks for me and easy to take care of. I have baby fine, totally straight hair and will probably never do a perm again. Right now mine is a bit on the short side, but I just had it cut and colored last week. I usually keep it just below chin length - any longer and it gets really flat.

I love "Elliot's" hair but my hair doesn't have enough natural "oomph" for that. :D And I'm way too old for long hair again.

thanks yeah i like the 1st pic alot... in my job if its past shoulder lenght then i have to wear it back.... i've had a pony tail for works for years & am so bored with it. I have no frindge so i'm gonna get a side frindge put in today aswell so that will make a big difference. I have some hair mags but they are all the same..... i just want a simple but nice style i can quickly straighten though i always end up flicking one side behind one ear just habit as i cant stand the feeling of to much hair on my face....

That one is totally cute...

As for umph and volume... find a good root booster (may I suggest Redkin... works great for my flat hair). Apply when hair is wet to roots (part hair and spray directly to scalp - make sure you get the foam) do this in about 3 or 4 sections and then masage into scalp/roots. When you blowdry (if your hair lays flat), use a round brush and blowdry your hair up... pulling away from the scalp... or turn your head upside down if you tend to pull down... blowdrying has a lot to do with volume. If you blowdry straight or flat, there is no getting your hair any other way! :) Just a tip!

I like that last one, it's really nice and also quite modern :flwr:

I had my long hair all cut off a few years ago as I had to have it tied up for work all day long and it was too much hassle every day. I now keep it really short but have just had a body perm for oomph - no curls though :lol:

I really really like the style of the link you posted.

I am also going to get my hairdresser tommorow, need a treat.

I already have shoulder length hair, but my roots are like 2 inches I sent that link to my hubby to ask if he thought I would suit it.

I get my hair coloured Red with lots of copper highlights.

i like that hair style you put up totally off the topic, i love that website you put up just admring all the prom hair do's i can't believe all those prom magazines we had nothing like that in the uk. And i had a peek at the wedding hair styles, i'll be buying the wedding magazines next i think i am turning into one of those crazy women were not even engaged yet. :( I hinted and he went a funny colour.

Already got a reply from Hubby he said he thinks my face is too round for that style. :shock: :shock:

Guess I will be sticking with my same cut . :D :D

well took the plunge & although it looks ok, its not as nice as the pic. like having a fringe again & hubby said it does look like pic but just strange i suppose.. at least it wont take long to grow..

I have had long hair for years -- down to the middle of my back -- and like lily started to get real bored with it. But I was terrified to cut it because it took 2-3 years to get to that length. So, I'll tell you what I did.

My stylist cut my long locks to just above my shoulder and then took the hair that was cut off and had it sew onto clips. Now I can just "Clip in" the the cut off locks on days I feel like having long hair...lol. The versatility is awesome!

I know what you mean about sticking your hair behind your ear(s). That's a habit I've tried for years to stop but it just keeps coming back to haunt me! Even when I was young and had long hair I would tuck at least one side back when I was doing anything.

I really like to 'do on the site you posted. Give yourself time to get used to it! Don't think about letting it grow out already!

Thanks for the hint on the Redken. I'll ask about it next time I get my hair done (in about 6 weeks).

Oh, Linda. Do you have a round face? Don't you love the way husbands can be so brutally honest and then not understand why your feelings are hurt? I keep mine colored basically blonde, but go with highlights and lowlights of lighter blonde and some light red.

Back