• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

UPDATED: Lucky's Lookout Came Today!!!

Lani

YIPPEE!!!!

I am looking forward to trying it out on a trip. :) I've got him having treats in it now & using it in the house to get him used to being in it.

Library-968.jpg

Library-970.jpg

Lucky looks GREAT in his lookout. I'm sure in no time he will be sitting happily in the backseat watching the world go by! :drivecar:

Call me an ignorant dog owner...what is a lookout and what is the purpose? icon_nwunsure

Regardless...Lucky looks very handsome perched on it! :flwr:

The Lookout is a car seat for the back seat, so I don't have to put him in a carrier or a crate on car rides. :)

Very neat! I wonder if I can get 3 of those in an Accord Coupe icon_nwunsure icon_nwunsure icon_nwunsure

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucky Lucky!!! :lol: Im thinking of getting Ellie one of those sometime so she can sit in the back and see as well. Do you just use a seatbelt strap with that so he doesnt fall out?

Lucky is so cute, and he looks so happy! That is so nice, and I bet he will feel so safe and cozy in it.
:flwr:

UPDATED: Lucky's Lookout Came today!!

:updte:

Lucky went on his first car ride with his new Lookout today!!! :drivecar:

It was so great!! He just sat there quietly watching the world go by. :) No whimpering or struggling to get him to go in his carrier.

:w*w:

Anyway, it was so great!!! Just thought I'd let you all know ... He loved it as an elevated bed, and still loves it as a car seat. cl*p

Here's the link ...

http://www.tiabellas.com/boutique/oversized-luxury-lookout-pets-1825-p-311.html

It was on sale when I got it ... so I could justify it (it was on SALE afterall ...).

That said, my car is small enough that if I had to do it again, I would not have gotten the Lookout 2 with the drawer - the seat sits close enough to my front seat I can't access it anyway and can't see the monogramming either ... I could have saved some money and just bought the regular oversized Lookout ... :oops:

Oh well, it's still great. It's the perfect size for him and I love how calm and quiet Lucky is during car rides. Now that he's grown so large it was becoming a real issue taking him places and this so great. He just loves looking out the window. :drivecar:

Wishing I had a bigger car! That seems like a great solution to everyone riding comfortably. 8)

Lani,
I purchased the same Lookout just last week! The color is different and I didn't get the monogram, but it is working out well for us too. Our car is larger so we are able to access the drawer.
Does Lucky do o.k. with the strap from his harness to the seatbelt?
Sofee get frustrated when she wants to lay down, she can't do the usual 'walk in circles three times' and then settle down. :?
But, she LOVES being able to look out the window, that was a big problem for us too.
thanks for posting this, I should also get a pix of her in the seat and post it.
:flwr:

I'd love to see a pic of her in her Lookout!!

Lucky just loves his and the strap does get in the way a bit, but he manages and he loves to look out and people love seeing him inside the car in his little throne (ooops, I mean seat .... ).

I was telling my sister and Molly last week that of all the money I have spent on Lucky, the money spent on the Lookout for me has been by far the best spent. It was worth every penny - it makes such a difference.

I leave the seat in the car and now whenever I want to run a quick errand and take Lucky along (now that the weather is getting a bit milder) I just take him to the care & strap him in. He loves it too!

Lani

Lucky is one lucky fellow. :D :D :D :D

They are great, she has them for two as well, eventually one day when I no longer have human car seats in my car I hope to get one for my babies too.

He looks great and so comfy.

Darby doesn't complain with his harness on but the other one Dudley hmmmmm he would much rather be sitting on a throne like Lucky. :D :D :D :D :D

Re: UPDATED: Lucky's Lookout Came today!!

Lani said:
He loved it as an elevated bed, and still loves it as a car seat. cl*p

When you said that, I thought it makes sense to the dog - the elevated booster seat would put him almost inline with a couch. Imagine being a dog in a bed with all these tall humans hoovering over you. Now if the price in Canada didnt put it well over a hundred I'd be running to the store! But alas, Kodee will have to stay in her carrier - at least she stopped getting her teeth stuck on the grate this week :yikes :roll:

Back