Thread: Classes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Classes

last night I was teaching a class for one of the other instructors who was out so Robbie didn't get his usual workout but we had a small course set up..jumps tunnels aframe table and chute..I decided to pop him out of his crate to see how he did..I swear I was working 15 feet or more away from him and he was flying..did miss the chute opening but that was at the end of the course....it was one of those OMG he's good moments..it felt good..*G*..and no he didn't go off searching for the horse poop...*G*...

Then tonight we had our last novice competitive obedience class of this session so we did a full novice class...he did pretty good...tho we probably wouldn't have had a very high score if we hadn't NQ'd twice.. we NQ'd on the stand for exam because he moved towards me when the judge came to examine him but we hadn't actually practiced someone touching him yet just had been practicing his stand..we redid it with me standing next to him and he did it fine...also would have NQ'd on the down as about 2 mintues in he decided he need to sit up and scratch..LOL..oh well..overall he did well and I really don't plan on showing him in obedience anytime soon
    Debbie, Riley and Robbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Debbie,
    Was he watching the class do obstacles the whole time he was in the x-pen? It's amazing how observant these pups are!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon
    Debbie,
    Was he watching the class do obstacles the whole time he was in the x-pen? It's amazing how observant these pups are!
    He was where he could see us..tho we only ran about 5 dogs before he ran on the whole course..we were mainly sequencing the course before that and 2 different classes were working on different parts.
    Debbie, Riley and Robbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey that is great! I do think they learn by watching. When I had Lily at agility on Thursday she was watcing the really experienced dogs in the session after ours, with great intent. Well, maybe she was looking at the handler's hands and their treats... but I am hoping she absorbed some agility tips too!

What does NQ mean?
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

NQ is a non qualifying run due to faults during the run. So the run does not count towards their scorecard.

It is amazing how they learn by observing. If India watches Geordie for awhile, she can do anything he does. I barely have to train her.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)