Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye Envy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eye Envy

I purchased the starter kit today as Spencer has terrible stains and nothing at Petsmart is working.

I know several of you have tried this product. Have you had any luck with it? I would like to hear any experiences you have had.

My beautiful boy, stains or no stains...
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

yes i have used it ...it works great

good tip is to put the fluid in the fridge it lasts longer

did you buy the powder as well as i found both together works better
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

I think the kit comes with the solution, the powder and the application pads. Will the powder turn the color of his black fur if I get it on it accidentally?
    Lindsay

Post Thanks / Like

I use the eye envy with Shelby. Jake doesn't have any tear stains. I use the powder for a few days when the staining gets bad. I dampen my finger with a little of the liquid and then dip my finger in the powder and massage it into the area under her eye. Within a few days the tear stain in gone.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just bought the starter pack of Eye Envy today! I'd also like to hear people's opinions of it.

I opened up the bottle of solution and it sure does smell bad. I'm confused if I'm supposed to refrigerate both the solution and the powder because all the containers have the same label that says REFRIGERATE (even the one with the cotton pads!). hmmm???

I have a bottle of Diamond Eye as well, but I don't feel comfortable putting it around Kingston's eyes because the smell is so unbelievably strong. It makes my own eyes hurt!

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked my breeder about eye staining. None of her dogs have it and she is also a groomer. She said in my pups case, it was due to teething and it will go. She said the products can make it worse and to leave it alone. I just wash with a damp flannel now and it's getting better. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Spencer is a year and a half old. I don't think I can chalk his staining up to teething. It is not solely caused by teething and is actually quite common with this breed. I also believe that using the more high quality products like Eye Envy will not make it worse. Even the cheap pet store products I have bought in the past didn't make it worse, they just didn't make it better, hence me trying this.
    Lindsay

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I did wonder why she said that when older dogs get it too. I bought diamond eyes as it was in my local pet shop. I found though I was very careful to not get it in his eyes, it made his eyes water more and it did smell. That's why I just wipe with water now.

Post Thanks / Like

Molly's tearing clears up quite nicely during the spring/summer months and gets worse again once we are locked up indoors for the winter.

I used eye envy last winter and it seemed to work nicely, however it didn't make the stains go completely away. I've been too lazy and or cheap to order any this winter, so we use local petsmart stuff or the renu contact solution. My main concern is just keeping the crusties away.
    Molly and Cooper's mom, Bev

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Renu has been a miracle for Lucky! In a day and a half his tearing was all gone. He still has runny eyes, but they are not a big deal to remove with the Renu. I can't praise it enough!!! That said, he's a ruby, so I am not sure if he has "stains" still or not, but I sure don't notice anything
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)