• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I was calm, until 15 minutes ago...Updated, She's Home!

nangel519

My OH and I are picking up our Sadie tonight. I am leaving work in about 5 minutes to go home, grab her stuff, and head on out. :drivecar:

I was perfectly calm all day, excited, but calm. Now I can't sit still!!!!! I'm so excited to pick up this little bundle of joy. I can't believe how fast the wait went, and now how slow these last few minutes have been!!!!!!! :yikes

woohooo!!! let us know all about it!! I am sure you're going to be just fine !!

Pictures ASAP please! :flwr:

Congratulations that Sadie's homecoming is finally here. I cannot wait to hear about it and see pictures.

What everybody else said! Can't wait to hear about her first night and see lots of pics!! b*n*n*

Congratulations on your new little angel! I can't wait to see photos and hear all about her!

:)

What fun! And I love the name Sadie - have I said that before? I wanted to name my daughter that but was voted down. And I've wanted to name all kinds of animals that and everyone has always talked me out of it. Can I be an honorary aunt?

As I always say, the best days are the ones when babies come. :D

Well, she's home and I'm exhausted!

She cried for about five minutes after we left the breeders, and then went right to sleep until we got her home. She peed a tiny bit right when we took her out of the car but refused to pee outside until around 9am this morning. I don't blame her, it's freezing outside. She was focused more on hiding from the wind than finding a place to pee. But we have successfully had a pee and a poo outside this morning.

She didn't like her crate too much, she woke up about every hour and cried, we let her sit for a few minutes crying - if it got louder she had to go to the bathroom. Most of the time it got louder. She must have peed 10 times last night, we are feeding her and giving her treats inside her crate today, and hopefully(!!) tonight she will be a little better.

I will definitely post some pictures later on!

Edit: I figured I'm up so why not post some pics!

393006755_414dbe7d41.jpg

393006749_0487ad7730.jpg

393006751_19d1df55cf.jpg

393006746_6f825c9829.jpg

So happy for you! Now the long nights begin. I didn't think we would make it through the long sleepless nights when we brought Lily home, but you do and it is so worth the effort. At almost 6 mos old, Lily is totally housebroken. She goes to the door and barks or whines now. It's great. I can't tell you how many posts I had where I asked "when is she going to get it, we are exhausted." Everyone's response was, "it will all just click one day", and they were right. The best thing we did was the crate training. Hang in there and post pics as soon as you have some rest. Can't wait to see her!!!

nangel519 said:
Well, she's home and I'm exhausted!

She cried for about five minutes after we left the breeders, and then went right to sleep until we got her home. She peed a tiny bit right when we took her out of the car but refused to pee outside until around 9am this morning. I don't blame her, it's freezing outside. She was focused more on hiding from the wind than finding a place to pee. But we have successfully had a pee and a poo outside this morning.

She didn't like her crate too much, she woke up about every hour and cried, we let her sit for a few minutes crying - if it got louder she had to go to the bathroom. Most of the time it got louder. She must have peed 10 times last night, we are feeding her and giving her treats inside her crate today, and hopefully(!!) tonight she will be a little better.

I will definitely post some pictures later on!
Funny, Kodee was freaked by the wind too for a few days. She also whined the first night once and went out but the second was up every hr on the hr. Both nights my husband slept on the couch (he insisted as he wanted her to sleep in the crate in the kitchen and to avoid the bringing to bedroom and never getting her out of it again, that it was worth it.

I dont think it made a difference -I think the third night when he slept upstairs she was just happy to get rid of his snoring... know I loved the 2 nights of quite sleep :lol: Personally, I would put the crate where your happy with it long term and be patient for 2 nights - if its still not working after showing she is secure in the daytime with you, you might want to rethink were it is then.

Enjoy your weekend, its such an exciting time!

She's beautiful, Tara. (As if you don't know that!) And you really don't look bad for the wear and tear. :D

Take a nap while she's sleeping. Will she continue to sleep in the crate or will she ultimately end up in your bed?

She is gorgeous Tara :lotsaluv: You are gonna have lots of fun with her :flwr:

Sarah Xxx

Back