• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Elderly Cavaliers

Princess Annabel

Hello all Cavalier fans,

I am the sister I guess you could say (she's been with the family since I was 12) of Annabel the cavalier, she is currently 15 and a half and despite wobbly back legs and cancer in her throat, is still going strong and is a happy litte bundle of joy.

Are there any more owners of eldery cavaliers out there? I realise we are extremely lucky that she is so long lived.

Bianca

:w*w: Fifteen and a half, that's FANTASTIC!!!

Bianca, can you post some more pics of Annabel ? I'd love to see them.
We lost our little girl last October and she was twelve years and ten months :lotsaluv:

You'll have to tell us lots more about Annabel and I hope you have her with you for many years to come - she's beautiful.......

:flwr: icon_welcome

Thanks guys, :p

I will take some photos over the next few days, here is one fairly recent one, maybe taken 6 months ago (taken from my mobile so not best quality):
393011880_9d36c3108f_m.jpg

What a beautiful elderly sweet lady! You are so lucky to have her for so many years.

Wow Annabel is gorgeous. My Cavalier Lady is 10yrs old. icon_welcome to the board. :flwr:

Sarah Xxx

If you have read my post about Wallis, then you know what I'm facing. Wallis is between 12 and 13 now - not sure of her exact b'day. And other than being a bit over weight looks pretty good. But she's facing some serious health problems that we are in the midst of trying to "fix" so we've got our fingers crossed.

Annabel is beautiful and I look forward to seeing more of her. I've got to get some current pix of my Grand Old Dame and get them posted.

You are very lucky to have a cavalier to live so long, nowasdys, though people will tell you that 16 or 17 used to be the norm, before mass breeding brought an increase of such things as mvd and sm.

This is Monty, who's a very large lad. He is 11 years and 3 months and is healthy except for a mild murmur which doesn't need medication.

004birthdayreducednet.jpg

Wow, 15 and half yrs - thats amazing! You are incredibly lucky to have your beautiful girl around for so long. Treasure every day and spoil her as much as you like - thats my motto and whenever I get given out to here for spoiling my girls I always give that as an excuse!

We lost our little Cassie last summer, she was 14 yrs old.

Honey is our golden oldie now at 12 yrs and like Annabel has problems with her back legs. She is on painkillers but never complains - she really is a little star :flwr:

This is a picture of Cassie and Honey (and you can see our other 2 newbies in my avatar)
CassieandHoney.jpg

WOW, that's really great!!! It's so very seldom that a Cavalier will live to a ripe old age like that.

Do you know what the names of her dam and sire were and/or what lines she has in her background? Any time I hear of a particularily long lived Cavalier, I am interested in the lines.

Congratulations on being owned by such a healty, long lived girl.

That's amazing - I dont have a senior cavalier but did a 15 lab till fall. I think one of you Senior Cavalier owners should start a thread in the picture gallery for Senior Cavs! I like seeing the older dogs as I found my own labs very senior yrs interesting - her personality went back to very puppish in some ways. It was a time I quite enjoyed actually in her last few yrs.

Hello!

I don't have Annabel's dam's pedigree in front of me, but I know her name was Demelza of Hawthorns (I couldnt find anything about her on google :( ) I also remember that there were mostly Homerbrents, Homaranne, and Amantras in her pedigree which are all well known names cavalier wise.

Her sire was Rossbonny Triple Coin (I am in touch with his owners from the Rossbonny web site, and he apparently lived til 14), his parents were:
Ch Cherokee of Rossbonny at Delhaze
Ch. Triple Mint From Amantra at Rossbonny.

cavtiny

awwwww my old cavalier got to 12. He had dreadful arthritis and had heart problems. Cancer got him in the end poor love. He died a year ago and I still miss him dreadfully.

I found Annabel´l sire´s littermate on healthy heart cavaliers list also.
She has good backround and I am sure you will have many happy years together :lotsaluv:

oh that's lovely to hear of a Cavalier at that age...bless her she is doing so well, and obviously fighting very bravely against her medical problems.

Treasure every day you have with her, she is very special.

My Oldie is Rupert, he is 10 years 8 months.

In the snow last year

adjRupert152122.jpg

Annabel is lovely and it is heartening to see such a healthy long lived girl! I hope you both have many more wonderful years together.

Nicki, that picture of Rupert is wonderful.

I have Arne who is 12 and a Black and Tan . He has a few problems, Cushings and Spondylitis being the main ones. This photo was taken about a year ago.

DSCF0404.jpg

Arne said:
I have Arne who is 12 and a Black and Tan . He has a few problems, Cushings and Spondylitis being the main ones. This photo was taken about a year ago.

DSCF0404.jpg

I've had the pleasure of spending some time with Arne and he is a beauty! (as is Jassy, of course).

Back