• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Senior Citizens

Crittercall

I'm not sure of the age limits here, but here are recent photos of Tibby (age 7)
Tibby020703.jpg

And Wallis (age 12) - you can see her poor small eye.
Wallis020702.jpg

Oh the little darlings. I have such a soft spot for the seniors. Something in my heart always gets tugged when I see them. They are so precious with their years of love & loyalty. :lotsaluv:

I do have a soft spot for any senior dog. A puppy gets a lot of attention and it shows when they wiggle about when you meet one. But a senior has this glint in their eye when they get unexpected attention. I always notice that - I swear it adds another yr back in their life!

Charlie is just a darling - there is something so special about the oldies - the "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" look - but still enjoy their cuddles, walkies and of course, FOOD :lol:

Tibby and Wallis are lovely - poor Wallis' eye, she is so brave.

Here are my Oldies:

Kyla was 7 earlier this month - she's a retired breeding/show dog, who came to live with us last September. She's rather enjoying her retirement, lots of cuddles and walkies, and is very gentle and sweet with Rupert.

emailKyla16013305.jpg

AdjKyla_MG_3475.jpg

and this is Rupert, he is 10 years 8 months, and the naughtiest of the lot!!! He's had his moments healthwise, but we are very fortunate in that he is still heart clear.

Ruperadjt161128.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

adjRupert152122.jpg

Rupert's 8th birthday party {he was poorly earlier that year and we didn't think we'd get to celebrate that birthday with him...let alone 2 more since :D }

Rupertbday2.jpg

Thanks for putting up this forum. I have a special place in my heart for the seniors, especially Cavs with all their health problems. It is amazing to see so many. It is a tribute to you owners who have taken such good care of and loved these dogs so they could see such a long life.

All of the pictures are beautiful! I just pray that I will be able to put Lily's picture here one day and perhaps future Cavs.

The second picture of Rubert LOOKS LIKE HE IS SMILING. I am always glad to hear post about older cav's It gives us owners a lot of hope our dogs will live a long life.
judy

Just had to say that birthday picture of Rupert is precious - those cavalier eyes would melt any heart.

What a great topic!! It warms my heart to look at this grand old dogs!! The wisdom, the sweetness, the knowledge. They are beautiful!

Annie at 15:

393011880_9d36c3108f.jpg

I will take some more of her soon :l*v:

She is starting to look like the old lady she is.

But still good considering her age.

Oh I do like to look at the older cavaliers and hope to put up one some day it gives me hope that I might be has lucky one day---Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam )

Karlin said:
I've moved this to be our first post in the new Golden Oldies gallery! :D
The Golden Oldies Gallery is Great! It's good to balance out health illnesses that might strike this breed with stories about Cavaliers that do lead long healthy lives!

Aren't they all beautiful? I'd be hard pressed to pick one - besides my own! Wallis looks really rough compared to the others, but I have to remind myself that we are in a bit of a crisis situation right now.

I'm so glad that so many people are posting. I was beginning to think that not only am I the oldest in this group but that I also had the oldest dogs!

Isn't the wisdom in their eyes amazing?

oh i'm really enjoying these pictures as well! you're right critter---don't their eyes show so much of their lives!

there is something very cuddly about all the older cavvies as well----they have spectacular feathering. just look at the smiling picture of rupert and the tips of wallis's ears :D

thanks everyone---keep them coming. they make me hopefull that indy will be looking so wise and well years down the road.

k

Hi everyone
Just found this new thread. Here is my boy Toby. We think he is about 9 this year. We are not too sure as he is just 'residing' with us at the moment and his true owners have the papers.

P7180051.jpg

Here is one in his puppia

P7240053.jpg

This one is a very different one when he had a complete shave to keep him cool in the height of the summer

100_0388.jpg

P5290120.jpg

Back