Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida transport success!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Florida transport success!!!

Alright my crazy Floridians, I know there are many of you out there

CKCS rescue needs a transport to get a little 1 year old female named Bella from Tallahasee to Orlando. She has a kidney disorder and has a special needs foster already in place but we just need to get her there!!

Not a short drive, I know, but it may be possible to break it up. PM me for more info!.
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

oops, sorry, just saw the pm request. check your mailbox.
    Pam
    Mummy to Miss Madeleine born 9/1/2006

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone who volunteered, but it turns out the only way we could get this little sweet heart down here is by the foster mom driving from Birmingham, Alabama to Tallahassee and me driving up to get her. No biggie, 5 hours and 45 minutes Its a good thing I have the day off!! I'll be packing up my Harry Potter audiobooks (and imagining him in those yummy publicity photos of his recent play he is doing ) and hitting the road!!

More info on little Bella, she is 14 months old and weighs a measly 8 POUNDS!! That is unbelievable to me!! wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts on Monday

Post Thanks / Like

SO small!!!

So do I smell another cavalier in your near future monica ??

Good job - good for you I am glad everything is working out!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Ah....Bella....such a little doll. Thank you so much for doing this for this precious girl. And another thanks to her foster mommy for caring for until she could get settled.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow she is really small -- that's like a yorkie.

Have fun on that drive! (the things we do for dogs... ).

I've seen a lot of those publicity shots by the way -- they stop just short of the full monty and are all over the UK papers. I've not read the books nor seen more than snippets of movies so don't really have a shock response to Those Pictures and the prospect of a naked Harry as I don't really have a context for him. I live in a Potter-free zone; I'm more of a Lord of the Rings/Star Wars girl myself.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh she is so tiny but she looks cute good luck with your drive and keep us informed with more photos if possible ----Aileeen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney--Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

*Monica*

Just want to give you well wishes today on your drive. Hope everything goes OK and you don't get stuck in traffic. Drive Safe!! *HUGZ*!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

My friend Donna has been fostering her up until now. Poor little Bella has renal dysplasia and that is probably why she is so small. If her new foster would like , I know an excellent list that has renal failure expertise, and I know my Lhasa did excellently on a home cooked kidney diet, rather than the prescription food. Private Message me any time and i'll give you the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Little Bella is now safe and sound with her new foster mommy, who just recently joined this site so as soon as she figures out how to post, I am sure you will not be able to get her to shut up!!

When we picked up Bella, we were really cconcerned about her adjustment and how she would handle the trip. She was soooo small!!! To my surprise, she literally hopped in my arms, sat in my lap and looked around like "this is different. Where are we going!!" She was perfectly content during our four hour drive to Orlando and loved meeting all the other pooches at the rest stop. She ate all her lunch and was really just a joy to be with. It was like she knew us for her entire life.

At Judi's house, she was introduced one by one to each of the SEVEN dogs she will be living with and she had no fear. Her tail was wagging, gave several circle sniffs and went on her way!! What a beautiful, happy little girl. She will be just fine.

I will let every one know what happens with the tests for her kidneys, but I have complete faith that she is going to be a fighter. Thanks everyone who volunteered to help and kept us in your thoughts